Jop opening, contract or hourly, Toronto

Leveller

I don't have a huge network of folks that I know outside the SAP space in the Toronto area, but I know we've got several members from in or around Toronto.

I'm currently looking for a technical writer in the Toronto area, initially probably a 3 month gig, but would likely become full time after June.

Short description:

The Technical Writer will work on an effort involving the documentation of requirements for financial database products and related systems that are primarily used in financial management activities for the client. The individual will produce physical as well as logical design requirements. Activities will include:

1. Facilitating an understanding for product managers and executives to help them quickly assess impact of any planned technology initiatives.

2. Establishment of a Go-To repository for technical team members to use.

3. Offering expertise and practical assistance in the investigation, evaluation and interpretation of data.

4. Performing the methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of business functions and processes.

Job Requirements

The ideal candidate will have a strong system analysis background and proven experience in the following areas:

• Previous experience with Mega modeling tool is preferred but not required

• Good understanding of and experience with financial systems

• Solid experience producing physical and logical design requirements

• Strong documentation skills

• Business Analysis background

• Experience working with global teams

Ability and willingness to work non-traditional business hours to accommodate communication with team members from abroad.

If anyone knows someone who'd be interested (and preferably qualified to do the job), please get them to Email me .

Thanks

Ron/Lev

Maverick' date='31 March 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1270065527' post='479782']

Crap! I'm a tech writer (been doing it for years with a proper degree and everything) but I live in Ohio! I would love to take this on in the side, and I have global experience...what're the chances of a work-from-home situation?

Hi,

I don't think remote will entirely work, it could potentially have been done out of our (clients) offices in Cincinnati (although that's not first choice). I'll certainly check into it though.

Thanks

wood lyk 2 exprs mai intrest in ur position

I am trusting that you will be doing the needful so that our relationship may become more yellow?

(Don't even get me started on some of the things I've had to read over the years)

(edited)

I am trusting that you will be doing the needful so that our relationship may become more yellow?

(Don't even get me started on some of the things I've had to read over the years)

Wu hen hao, de busnes units, wu english hen hao, wu uber 1337 :)

Lev, I'm off to my next expat assignment in Mexico, the first was China. Any advise? I've done a bunch of research and from what I understand it's no different than living in Dallas (which I did for four months last year). It's Saltillo, Mexico. Any input will be appreciated.

thx,

zai jian

Edited by Bush

Wu hen hao, de busnes units, wu english hen hao, wu uber 1337 :)

Lev, I'm off to my next expat assignment in Mexico, the first was China. Any advise? I've done a bunch of research and from what I understand it's no different than living in Dallas (which I did for four months last year). It's Saltillo, Mexico. Any input will be appreciated.

thx,

zai jian

Bizarre coincidence. The brother in law of the guy who is in the office next to mine lives in Detroit and does extended work stays in Saltillo (I think he's with GM). From what I've heard it's a pretty industrial city, but you're only an hour from Monterrey. It's not too far from the border but isn't really impacted by any of the violence you see on the news. If you want to PM me your email, I could put you guys in contact I'm sure he'd have a wealth of information.

Not sure I know anyone qualified for this but I'll ask around...in the meantime, my couch is available for anyone needing a place to stay, we can work out some kind of arrangement...:freak:

Thanks