Windows 7 Deployment

Windex

I've been charged with the task of deploying Win 7 on all new machines that require it. Fortunately we'll only be installing it on 5 different PC Models most of which should be plug and play. So far setting up the default profile appears the be the hardest part for me (seeing as how we have corporate proxys we need to apply) there is no simple way to create the default profile. Anyone that has any experience let me know!

*The plus side is all these should be fresh loads, no profile migration for other users

Do you have any custom (vendor) software? What about custom web apps? Those need to be tested to ensure compatibility, some of our apps aren't compatible yet. And that's just one of our hurdles right now. We're upgrading over 40,000 computers to Win7 through attrition over the next 4 years, starting in a few months. Testing checklists help - especially if you can load a virtual machine to do a dry-run of Windows 7 on your computers.

Well we have a few applications, all working and have been tested on windows 7, however some apps require services and certain profile configurations.. the biggest problem we're having is keeping the profile information intact through the transfer because so far copyprofile=true in the unattend.xml isn't doing what it should be!

• 1 month later...