Use Nvidia Physx while also using ATI Card

ZeroDamage

This mod lets you use a secondary Nvidia card to do Physx processing while using something other than an Nvidia for the primary video card. Not sure how useful this is with quad+ core CPU's becoming more and more mainstream. Nice though if you have an older Nvidia card floating around that is pretty much recent in technology.

Edited by ZeroDamage

http://physxinfo.com/

A lot of games use it, but keep in mind that on that list some of it isn't hardware Physx. Like Dragon Age Origins or Borderlands. They use Physx but not for a whole bunch of particles.

Of the games on the list that I have played, there's only a few that I thought were good and used the hardware Physx particles.

Batman Arkham Asylum is probably the best game to use hardware Physx. It has papers and leaves on the floor, police tape that rips apart, Physx particle smoke, cloth banners, things like that.

Crazy Machines 2 is like the Incredible Machine, it has some specific Physx levels but the damn Physx water wouldn't let the duck float like it was supposed too... I still like the game though.

Metro 2033 is a fun game, uses Physx for the same thing most FPS games use Physx, debris while shooting stuff, things falling apart for explosions, more smoke for explosions.

Sacred 2, RPG like Diablo 2. Uses it for spell effects and leaves on the ground. Very buggy and unstable, but fun. :)

GRAW 2, tactical FPS, uses it for shooting debris and some other stuff like Metro 2033. Was one of the first full games to use Physx, so it looks kind of bad.

I think some games use Physx to make their current particle system run on the GPU instead of the CPU without adding extra effects like these Physx games do.

• 2 weeks later...