L4D2 Rankings

aster

Myself, and many other people really miss the rankings on the 10v10 server. It made the game more enjoyable and helped attract more people too because everyone wanted to up there rank to the top 10 or so. Is that ever going to happen again?

and the incap protection doesnt work like it should >.

Sky (the buy plugin author) has it so if you're incapped while "snagged" (smoked, pounced, charged), it doesn't work since it's programmed to give you full health (as it would if you were to buy a full heal) once you get incapped. The way the game works with giving you full health while snagged is it just gives you 100 temporary health because that's how it was programmed I guess.

Stats on the other hand is probably the webhost. Might have the port blocked or something, who knows. I COULD install a different kind of stats system, but it would be running off of my gameserver's site which I don't really want to do since it has crappy monthly bandwidth and the settings is literally the bare bones of what a site would have.

Edited by JackieChan

Well i think we should try to do something with the stats. People seemed to like it and I'm sure it did attract a few more players. And also the respawn at corpse needs to be fixed. I don't know how, but it does. People constantly complain, as i do, that it doesnt work. I even waited the 15 seconds or whatever you say it is Jackie and it never does anything. I was dead for about a minute or 2 once and just kept trying to spam buy the respawn and it kept saying i was in a queue. Its broked.

Well i think we should try to do something with the stats. People seemed to like it and I'm sure it did attract a few more players. And also the respawn at corpse needs to be fixed. I don't know how, but it does. People constantly complain, as i do, that it doesnt work. I even waited the 15 seconds or whatever you say it is Jackie and it never does anything. I was dead for about a minute or 2 once and just kept trying to spam buy the respawn and it kept saying i was in a queue. Its broked.

Fixing the respawn problem isn't in my hands.

lol oh my what has happened to the server?!?!?! I went away for the weekend to a fair and i come back and we now have quake sounds? that dont even work! I disagree strongly with all of this quake stuff, thats for more like css and hl2dm >.< and when anyone tries to join it sits at a black screen for like a minute before it puts us in the server!!! what happened ='( !!!!!

I was just seeing how it would play out on the server. I've always liked Unreal Tournament growing up and thought I'd give it a shot. Sounds don't work because either:

1. I don't have them available to download on the server itself

2. And once you have said sound files, you have to rebuild the snd_localaudiocache

Never really had the chance to get rid of it yet though.

*panic attack ends* whew oh lol thought it was bad for a sec =o, please dont think im bombing on you Jackie I'm not I<3 you lol I just miss the old way the server was when i starrted playing, it was working, it was simple, it was more challenging i just miss it =(..oh and about the rankings are you saying there is nothing that can or will be done?

How was it when you started playing on it? The only real major change was the Item Buy plugin and I tried to configure it to be as close to the original settings as I could. Also, we only have 1 10v10 server.

The stats isn't in my department, unfortunately.

Edited by JackieChan