!jointeam crashes server when full on map changes

Ooog

(edited)

I noticed that the server crashes when people who were in spectate do a !jointeam on map changes.

By map change I mean same map but next area when everyone is loading up.

It only happens when the server is full and they are trying to get a spot.

How do I know? Cause 3 times now I tried to nab a spot in a full game on map change when I was waiting in spec and each time it crashed the server

immediately after I typed !jointeam.

Seeing this I'll stop trying to squeeze in but thought I should inform you in case there was anything that could be done about it.

Would it be acceptable to eliminate the spec spots over 20 and/or increase reserve slots?

Just a thought, can't say I know much about servers...

Edited by Ooog

Maybe Jackie can look into/do something. If we eliminate the spec spots, no one could spec at all, including admins, which means if we need to get in the server for any reason, we'd have to kick someone to get in. The spec spots have always caused some problems since day 1 i feel, but they've gotten a lot better over time, and a crash occasionally doesn't bug me too much.

I found another way around for myself that I would recommend others use.

When the round ends just disconnect and reconnect. That way I get to snag a slow loaders spot without a crash.

Though I must say it is a useful method of forcing a scramble on those horrible 2000 to 200 games :D

(edited)

no, i like spectating :(

Indeed, now that spec slots are gone, so are reserved slots.

Me and my big mouth.

Also jammed the ability to force a scramble when teams were clearly unbalanced after a ppm scramble.

Server would not scramble though mad tried.

I would have thought ppm was good but this morn it scrambled a bunch of the regs on to one team and left a bunch of

newer people trying to fend off a clearly superior team.

I only cry about it cause I was being butt whupped :bang:

Still, I do appreciate that you guys take the time to try out new stuff. I may rage, I may witch about stuff, but I say thank you for trying to make it better :smiling2:

Edited by Ooog