Temp Ban in which I'd like to discuss

JyKri

(edited)

MaestroPG.gc has earned the achievement GROUP HEALER

[sourceBans] Madvillain.gc: Banned player "Rebuked" for 15 minutes (reason: rushing).

Player Rebuked <STEAM_1:1:22710007> has left the game

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'TeenAngst_gesture_head_twistLeft' (886) without Activity!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'TeenAngst_gesture_head_down' (930) without Activity!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'TeenAngst_gesture_head_down' (930) without Activity!

Player ASD <STEAM_1:1:9610558> connected from country Singapore

#Cstrike_TitlesTXT_Game_connected

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'TeenAngst_gesture_pointLeft_quick' (869) without Activity!

(Survivor) MaestroPG.gc : !heal

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_pointLeft_quick' (923) without Activity!

[GC] Killed Special Infected + 1 points

(Survivor) MaestroPG.gc : !rebuy

Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check http://www.gcftw.com/ for more info.

Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check http://www.gcftw.com/ for more info.

--- I'm going to assume that Madvillian banned me since I got ban kicked a few seconds after Rebuke.

Blood harvest the map with the hill. Just a note for you, there was no warning for me in chat nor in voice chat. Second I don't know how you would consider that rushing when I was shooting backwards + trying to get up the hill (in which I was not even able to get up yet trying to dodge a jockey therefore technically at the bottom level within close walking distance to you guys) to spawn block the top when I can see the team not far from me. Plus I had someone else with me for insurance.

Please stop being so finger itchy with the admin powers when you don't know or have not even attempted to understand the situation.

Edited by JyKri

That was me JyKri. You told me it doesn't matter if I banned you, under a different name, however things probably would have been handled differently. If I would have known it was you, I could have trusted you knew what you were doing as far as covering. You got banned because you were with a group of people (Skutt!^ and Rebuked) that were constantly in the front and would not come back to help cover or pickup. If you had just run in to that group then I apologize but 2 of them were warned multiple times earlier in the map and on a previous one. I finally dropped the hammer after they ran up the hill and we had someone down near the tunnel still. I fully understand running ahead to cover spawns but when there have been multiple warnings about not helping then I consider that rushing/ not playing as a team (again you were with the 2 I consistently had problems with). If you had used your microphone to tell me that that's what you were doing then there would also have been some understanding of what you were trying to do and clarify you weren't part of the trouble makers.

And please don't just assume that I have an itchy trigger finger, maybe I'm just not as forgiving as some others. I honestly hate banning people, I would rather be playing the game with you guys not having drama. It was a 15 min ban, its obviously expired when I saw you in game after. I did what I thought was right in that situation, sorry you got banned based off of the situation with the other 2 players.

Edited by Madvillain

When it comes to an admin banning someone, there are several things to take into account:

1. How hectic things are

When there is so much crap going on, its easy for someone to pull the trigger on someone about something albeit was a good ban, or a mistake. Imagine if you were a survivor and you had to stop, type out an admin command in a very big hurry, hope that you didn't accidentally make an error, and regain your composure as you start playing again all the while infected are flying at you everywhere. It's not a very easy task which is why I sit in spectate a lot of the time.

2. Player Names

Player names don't show up for everyone on your team unless you hit your "push to talk" key and they sure as heck don't show up for the opposite team, or if you're in spec. If you're in spec, you literally have to cycle through everyone in the server until you get to the person you're looking for and Valve got rid of the whole "name indicators" in voice chat...which was kind of stupid, but also make sense since in a 4v4 game, you don't need that kind of redundancy.

3. Best Judgement

Admins have to rely on their best judgement when kicking/banning someone. Just because you have someone with you doesn't mean you're exempt from a rushing ban. If the entire team is rushing along side you, that's a different story, such instances like yours, however, you would have either been in the right, or in the wrong. Only Madvillian and yourself would know that. I'm just here to remind everyone that adminning a 10v10 L4D server is a lot different than a CS, TF2, or any other source game that's designed around more than 8 players playing at once. I'm pretty sure I've misbanned a few people. People can't get all "huffy the magic dragon" on admins for getting banned. It won't do anyone any good because from what I read, you were explaining the vague situation and then criticizing Madvillian for doing his admin job improperly. It's hard to tell what you can call blatant rushing or "blocking spawns" rushing. Only you know what kind you're doing. Admins can't read minds if there is a choice, most choices is going to be on "blatant rushing".

(edited)

That was me JyKri. You told me it doesn't matter if I banned you, under a different name, however things probably would have been handled differently. If I would have known it was you, I could have trusted you knew what you were doing as far as covering. You got banned because you were with a group of people (Skutt!^ and Rebuked) that were constantly in the front and would not come back to help cover or pickup. If you had just run in to that group then I apologize but 2 of them were warned multiple times earlier in the map and on a previous one. I finally dropped the hammer after they ran up the hill and we had someone down near the tunnel still. I fully understand running ahead to cover spawns but when there have been multiple warnings about not helping then I consider that rushing/ not playing as a team (again you were with the 2 I consistently had problems with). If you had used your microphone to tell me that that's what you were doing then there would also have been some understanding of what you were trying to do and clarify you weren't part of the trouble makers.

And please don't just assume that I have an itchy trigger finger, maybe I'm just not as forgiving as some others. I honestly hate banning people, I would rather be playing the game with you guys not having drama. It was a 15 min ban, its obviously expired when I saw you in game after. I did what I thought was right in that situation, sorry you got banned based off of the situation with the other 2 players.

I was one of the last ones out of that tunnel... when the last guy wouldn't get out in an attempt to try and cover.

But ran a bit ahead when we got out since chargers kept coming down hoping to block off the top a bit - in which I have not even reached up the corner -_-;. What I'm trying to say out of all this is that there's been discussions as to what rushing is already on the server, and where I was, was by far not rushing considering I still saw 7-8 of you. (please, tech runs twice as far as I do to spawn cover - and don't give me crap about how you can trust him since he's under a reg therefore it makes it okay).

And to try and understand the situation before you pull the trigger.

Anyways back to zombie shooting.

Edited by JyKri

To be fair, I haven't played with Tech in months and if I did see him rushing that far I would have done something about it. But again knowing who I am playing with and verbal communication would give me a better idea of what I can expect from a person. I sit back and watch before I pull the trigger, its not a binded key I spam. Also I apologize again because you got mixed up with 1 of the two that were the problem, I'm not calling you a rusher, I know that you know how to play. Your ban has been deleted since it wasn't meant for you. I understand if you are using a different name to play undercover but some verbal communication would helped to keep things very clear.

S'ok it's cool. Though I don't agree that just because you know me that it will make it okay for me to be at where I was. Not sure if that's what I'm getting from that post. But yes, see you for some zombie shooting sometime again : )

Please, I know sometimes people want to go by other names in the servers but on this server which has had its share of drama recently perhaps its best for all coalition members (those with reserves) to stick with one name and flash the GC tag.

It would probably stems some of these kinds of problems.