Do ya speka in englais?!

paroxysm

Anyway, earlier today I was in a campaign with a guy who didn't understand English. Ordinarily this wouldn't be a problem, but it turned out that the guy was priority main, which to those l4d2 impaired means that every tank bought sequentially will always go to him. So, the guy ends up blowin' it with the tanks whilst we're screaming at him to use objects and almost lost the campaign for us (until yours truly got a tank in the finale). My question is, given the above scenario, would you kick this player?

P.S. session inspired this topic's title lul

• Like 1

Why not just make it so that whoever purchases the tank is the tank? That would solve that issue right there.

As for not speaking english... If you're running translations in your plugins, it'd probably help the player.

But, also remember, there was a time when you were new to the game, too, so you shouldn't discriminate based on player skill, or player language.

Perhaps theres a way to implement something where admins can change who is a main player? Don't know how that would be coded, but then we could avoid kicking totally new/non-english speaking players for being an important part of the team but failing hardcore.

I like sky's idea of whoever buys the tank should get it though, however that sometimes sucks because its nice if say, I buy a tank, and paroxysm gets it, he has 30 points to heal and knows what hes doing also, but I would be at 0 points and struggle to get 30 to heal if I got my own tank. However maybe that would even out buying massive amounts of tanks also.

The very least I think there should be a some sort of MINIMUM requirement to play in this server. Going by that line, yes, I would votekick the guy (if someone else initiated the vote). We can welcome all the newbies we want but with this standard level of gameplay in this particular server, naturally it's going to weed out the certain players as they will find it too intimidating or unmotivated to join again.