Custom campaign night?

napalm22

Perhaps next Saturday you could run only custom campaigns on the server for 24 hours? Post the selected campaigns on here first so everyone has a chance to download them. This could be really fun and we might even end up adding some we like to the rotation permanently. After hundreds of hours of game time, I know I can't be the only one who's starting to get board with the maps.

Gotta blame Valve for giving terrible support for custom campaigns. One of the problems I see with this is a few people could have the campaign while others find out they need to download it. So they go and try to find it while the campaign on the server plays its course and then once people finally download it, the campaign would already almost be finished or something along those lines.

I've only really seen custom campaigns work for coop anyway as far as playability goes. Sure, some would have versus support, but I just see it as a server emptier.

That, and, if you've played one of the base campaigns first, attempting to then load up a custom campaign on the server usually causes the players client to crash.

Wish valve would fix it, but they're not going to.