Revamp infected class selection

paroxysm

GC Alumni
(edited)

I'm pretty sure we're not planning to make any changes beyond what's been added (*edit* the extra button to cycle infected in reverse). Just click your reload button faster...

Edited by Biggs

i personally think the only change is that it should count ghosted players towards that classes maximum, to prevent you from hitting fire, and being spawned as something else. Other than that, i think the current system is great. And, honestly, that change is just a nit picky idea, and really not high on my list of wants. So, I'll ask for something else for my birthday, instead!

GC Alumni
(edited)

i personally think the only change is that it should count ghosted players towards that classes maximum, to prevent you from hitting fire, and being spawned as something else. Other than that, i think the current system is great. And, honestly, that change is just a nit picky idea, and really not high on my list of wants. So, I'll ask for something else for my birthday, instead!

Pretty sure we already have this.

*Edit* Don't we?

Edited by Biggs

So you're saying, if three players select spitter as ghost (only 2 allowed), then two of them spawn, then the third guy tries to spawn... that player gets switched to something else then spawned?

I was unaware of this. Yeah we should change this.

I don't know--I'm sure pre-round in setup it counts ghost players against the limit. Only 2 ghosts can be spitter, only 2 ghosts can be charger. So I don't really know what the issue is.

lol, nice guys.

but, yes, biggs, that's why players will spawn in, and then that's when you hear about the flying smoker instead of the flying boomer, or players complaining that they spawned as something else.

It should be checking and forcing players off of that ghost if the limit is reached, but it doesn't. It won't spawn them as that ghost if the limit is already reached, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...