WTB Want to buy a laptop

simkiller

I'm looking for a laptop for my kids/wife to use. Does not have to be fancy. Mostly going to be used for internet , email, and my kids love Minecraft. Would be nice if it could run CSS and such games. I would also like the OS included and preferably XP. Let me know.

xp wow they still make that os, lol "Not in a new laptop"

And if you buy a used laptop dont buy one from a friend because

you have the chance of losing that friend when it blows up a month after you buy it

and you want your money back.

Seeing as how there doesn't look to be anyone with a laptop they want to part with, I'm beginning my search for a new one to buy. Anyone out there with some recommendations? It's going to be used for casual gaming and media stuff.(gonna need dedicated ghraphics) It's going to sit in one spot at our house so size/weight does not matter. Like to set a budget at or around 500.

I may have been lucky but I grabbed an HP DV7-6135DX with 10 months warranty still remaining for sub-500 a few months back on eBay. Your mileage may vary. People were grumpy about how the machine switched between the Intel-HD graphics (on-CPU) and the dedicated ATI card even though there really wasn't a problem. More than a little pleased with this guy. Handles D3 fine; probably a ton of other stuff as well.

As scary as buying a laptop on eBay is if you do your homework you can do alright. Hit up cowboom.com (Bestbuy tested returns) or woot.com once you've got a model chosen.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Laptops-Netbooks-/175672/i.html?_nkw=DV7-6135dx

I've had no problems with HP over the years *except* for HP refurbs (the 90 day warranty should have told me something). Dell refurbs are great.

And now that I'm paying attention, I have this boxed up and ready to go for you.

Dell Inspiron N7110. I5 chip. 750 gig HD, just a DVD burner (no blu-ray), 4 gig mem. 17" screen. Don't think it has dedicated video though so that might be a deal breaker. Still handle CSS fine at this point and Minecraft is java and all about the CPU so no worries there. Windows 7. It was thru Dell as scratch and dent but if you know Dell that doesn't mean anything. Never saw a single scratch or dent; was essentially brand new (and may have been just a refused shipment)

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2385457,00.asp

Grabbed in November 2011. Sat in a box for the last 3 months with me forgetting to eBay it. 130 days left on warranty.

Call it $390 shipped?