Guild Wars 2 - Beta Weekend Event 3

lousiest

(edited)

Some things I wished I knew earlier:

1. Go to options and check Auto-loot. If not, every time you loot a corpse (by pressing "F"), you'll see a window "Unclaimed Loot" and you'll have to manually loot.

2. Some quests are given by people that appear as Hearts on your map. Once you complete their quests, check your game Inbox, where you'll get a letter and some money. Press the "Take All" button to take the money. Also, check the quest giver (the person with the Heart) as they normally sell items that can be bought not with gold, but with karma. Karma is another currency in the game.

3. Set up key binds. I find the Shift + and Ctrl + keys to be very useful.

4. Try selling your junk loot on the trader post, rather than to NPCs for more money. Press "O" then "Sell Your Stuff". However, money from stuff sold on the trading post will need to be collected from Merchants. If you sell to NPCs, you get the money right away.

Edited by lousiest

Played and recorded almost 2 hours of the game so far. Will upload either soon or after the beta period is over with.

Personally, I love it so far. I really like the random world events that go on that you can run to and jump right in and help everyone already there out. It's great.

Part 1 of my little playthrough of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG4U87RiCvo

Played a little bit more tonight, ran into this event where bandits were trying to poison the town's water supply and we failed to stop them because it was only me and a few other people doing it, so after the event failed, another one starts up a minute later to get a bunch of toxic gels or whatever to give to this guy so he can make an antidote to fix the poisoned water supply... that is awesome. I love how if one event fails, another one can get started to amend what happened in the failed event.

• Like 1

holy crap you talk a lot Jackie lol. As I watch your vids, I am continually amazed by the sheer quantity of words that stream into my ears like tiny painful daggers, piercing my brain. Other than the nearly unbearable pain that made my eyes water and caused uncontrollable dry heaves, I think I liked the videos, think they are a neat little peek into the game... hard to tell though, I might have blacked out one or two times.

Well played sir, well played.

Shaftiel

• Like 2

holy crap you talk a lot Jackie lol. As I watch your vids, I am continually amazed by the sheer quantity of words that stream into my ears like tiny painful daggers, piercing my brain. Other than the nearly unbearable pain that made my eyes water and caused uncontrollable dry heaves, I think I liked the videos, think they are a neat little peek into the game... hard to tell though, I might have blacked out one or two times.

Jackie's dulcet baritone puts me to sleep every time