Guild Wars 2 - How to Make Gold at Level 80

lousiest

Moving this to a thread of its own, and will keep updating this as I find more info:

How to make gold at 80 (or even at any level): http://www.reddit.co...ing_gold_at_80/

Lots of good ideas from this thread. E.g. some dungeons are very profitable (CoH).

---

Citadel of Flame, exploration mode, option #2 (Magg). Run with a close group of friends and you can absolutely destroy that place with enough practice. My guild's current best recorded run is at 18 minutes and 55 seconds, and that was still with plenty of room for improvement.

You'll receive 25 silver at the end of every run, as well as 20 charr carvings to help you work on your Molten exotic set pieces. That doesn't even include the blue/green/yellow drops you receive en masse throughout the run, especially if you roll with magic find gear and Omnomberry Bars.

The problem is, this poop is so easy that I'm pretty sure anet is going to nerf it eventually. If you try any of the other explore mode dungeons, you'll see what I mean.

---

Everyone I see always does Citadel of Flame exploration mode, 2nd option. It's a really easy explorable.

---

Myself, I've basically been doing events and stacking MF gear. There is a spot in Cursed Shore (a level 80 map area) where 4 - 5 events all happen very close by (ping me and I'll show you in-game where it is). There may be other places like this in Cursed Shore, but I've not really explored the place.

What I do with loot:

1. White - salvage. They don't sell for much so figured I'd salvage them using the Fine Salvage Kit. This nets me some valuable mats occasionally that I can sell on the Trading Post, such as Gossamer Scraps
  2. Blue - sell them at NPC. You could try salvaging these too and get mats
  3. Green - sell them at NPC.
  4. Yellow - been selling them at the Trading Post (you can easily sell them for 20 silvers each). But per Biggs suggestion, I tried salvaging them (use the Yellow Salvage Kit for best chance at getting rare mats) in hopes of getting Globs of Ectoplasm. These sell for 20 silver on the TP. Sometimes, I get 3 Globs per salvage. Sometimes I get none. But I almost always get runes from salvaging.

Hope this helps :)

There is a person on Reddit who has been doing experiments on the effects of Magic Find. Today, he has more results to share over at http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10547v/i_am_back_with_more_magic_find_data/

But to summarize his findings:

1. Dyes and BL chest s are not effected by magic find
  2. Significant increase in the highest level crafting materials
  3. Weapons and armor drops does not seem to be affected (he only had 2 more yellows with MF gear. Hmm....)

Unrelated to MF, but he also notices that "there also seems to be a higher frequency of loot drops during dynamic events as well."

Diminishing Returns

Full post discussing diminishing returns can be found here.

Diminishing Returns Information for Item Drops (Speculation)

1. Farming a single enemy type for about 20 - 30 minutes and drops diminish.
  2. Speculated that using Magic Find gear will cause a player reach the cap faster.
  3. Drop rate may be affected by location, so if you keep moving to new areas while killing the same enemy type, you should be unaffected.

Diminishing Returns Information for Dynamic Event Rewards (Speculation)

1. Diminished returns for ALL events if too many events are completed in a certain time period.

Diminishing Returns Information for Dungeon Rewards (Official)

1. If you speed clear dungeons at a rate of more than 2 per hour, and continue to do that for some time your rewards will slowly begin to degrade.

Diminishing Returns Information for Dynamic Event Rewards (Official)

Guys, ArenaNet has placed a cap on karma gained from Dynamic Events. If you do DEs non-stop, there comes a point where you get less and less karma. The workaround is to log out and log back in again

Diminishing Returns Information for Dynamic Event Rewards (Official)

Guys, ArenaNet has placed a cap on karma gained from Dynamic Events. If you do DEs non-stop, there comes a point where you get less and less karma. The workaround is to log out and log back in again

I am sure that will get patched soon imo.Well the logging in and out part.

Edited by TheLaw

• 2 weeks later...

How many of you play? I'm on another server because of a real life friend, but I may swap over if there are enough of you guys playing. Granted, I don't have much time to play these days, and I just recently bought the game, so I'm only level 25, but I'm still curious.

• Like 1