GC Minecraft Mark 2

Flitterkill

Is it possible for me to be an admin in the minecraft server? D:

Me 2 :D

Seeing as the server has seen no more than 1 person on at a time since we relaunched it, I've disabled the whitelist. Oh, and I've created a new world too. Lemme know if anyone has questions...

Do you still have some kind of anti-griefing mod avaliable? Maybe the one Valen posted "core protect".

It's a good looking roll for a map, lot of biomes around spawn along with 2 npc villages very close.

I'm moving into the desert npc village east of spawn (the one north is to uneven for me), anyone is welcome to move in.

Looks like he has that Core Protect Mod on there, which allows roll back based on area of Admin Location. It can roll back to when the world was first made if the same world is up 8 years from now. Can Rollback based on Name only too.

I assume it was on there since Biggs was talking to me when he was using it on Steam when the server went up again.

Edited by ValenAlvern

radical, this has been covered in like four different threads on the boards.

Server won't be updated till the new Bukkit comes out. If you're on Vista/7 and have it enabled you can just rollback. If not you can use something like this, I'd suggest using the Java version.

• Like 2

Thank you, amer. I havent read up to much in the minecraft threads so I apoglogize for not doing so. Appreciate the info and I'll roll it back!

Edit - Couldnt restore a previous version for some weird reason, but the multi version launcher helped, all is well! Thanks again!

Edited by radical187

GC Alumni
(edited)

ahh, I love watching a few days of hard work be burnt to the ground with lava...

:puppy_dog_eyes: :puppy_dog_eyes: :puppy_dog_eyes:

Whattttttt!?! I just rushed on to check mine after reading this...mine seems to be ok. Can yours be rolled back? D:

Shift burned his own house down... twice. I rolled it back for him each time.

My recommendation: Don't put a lava fireplace in your wood house. Or, if you really want to... do your research and make sure it's safe ahead of time.

From the mc wiki page for Fire:

Fire will spread over flammable surfaces, slowly causing all the blocks it can reach to burn away. Fire can climb up walls, across floors and ceilings, and over small gaps. More precisely, a fire (or lava) block can turn any air block that is adjacent to a flammable block into a fire block. This can happen at a distance of up to one block downwards, one block sideways (including diagonals), and four blocks upwards of the original fire or lava source.

*Edit* Added link

Edited by Biggs

GC Alumni
(edited)

I think only ops can see the world seed # now (try typing /seed)... but I honestly don't care to keep it secret. If you want the world seed #, let me know.

*EDIT* Since you asked, Hailfire, check your PMs. You put the seed # in the field on the left on the java slime finder trash linked.

Edited by Biggs