New Store Credit/Debit Card Processor, Security, SSL update

Flitterkill

Just a heads up on some store changes.

We're using Stripe now for Credit/Debit charges.

MC, Visa, AmEx, etc. All good. International cards as well.

Advantages? Cheaper swipe fees meaning more of your money stays with GC. Also, your credit card numbers are NOT stored by us. Technically, your number will never even hit our server. Swipe is a pretty sweet thing; I approve.

2co, what we had used before, had security/fraud checking built in. To pick up a some of that slack, I've got us hooked up with MaxMind. They will address check cards, and so on and so forth. So much for your skeezy credit card scam. Really, I just don't see any fraud happening here - we don't really attract the type but safe is safe.

We are *still* SSL secure when you check out - however, since the gametracker server monitors are in the forum header again, those graphics come from off-server, meaning you won't get the full green secure icon when checking out. Just whatever your browser displays for partially secure. It's still all good though. No worries. If this still wigs people out too much I can move the game server monitors down out of the header but things won't look as good and I'd probably leave them on the forum index only (otherwise I have to replicate the code in two more templates and change the code in three places anytime a server is changed/deleted/added)

Fixed

Store back up, see other post as to why pint glasses are not up yet (next week once FedEx is squared away)

Nice work!

We are *still* SSL secure when you check out - however, since the gametracker server monitors are in the forum header again, those graphics come from off-server, meaning you won't get the full green secure icon when checking out. Just whatever your browser displays for partially secure. It's still all good though. No worries. If this still wigs people out too much I can move the game server monitors down out of the header but things won't look as good and I'd probably leave them on the forum index only (otherwise I have to replicate the code in two more templates and change the code in three places anytime a server is changed/deleted/added)

You could just setup a proxy type thing to cache the images on this server so they appear secure