Driving in Russia

Fatty

Ok, so I was just given the ability to get to youtube from school in case we need it for class....was checking it out to see if it works and stumbled on this. Then I thought I'd see if I could figure out how to embed it in my post here.

.....which I'm not seeing. Man, I r rusty....

Anyways, 13 minutes of hilarious car video.....but are people just taping themselves driving all the time now? Are dash cams being mounted in cars? What if this becomes standard? (hold up now, this isn't political). Just wondering, like a black box in an airplane, ya know?

Enjoy some laughs, at any rate.

HOLY SMART FORUMS IT DID IT MAGICALLY!!!

Yeah, Cam cars are really popular in Russia. I am not sure how it works out as evidence on court or in insurance companies. It's mostly because of in case of car accidents,scam accident and even attempting crosswalking when come is coming, making an accident on purpose to get a money of it

For example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1RliBs00Kk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TQN8B8Jb9k

Note: It's not 100 % known are they really russian gangsters in 1st video, even normal citizens do such things

So: Camera? Check! Gun/axe/crowbar/yourdecision? Check

Edited by Kuma

There is only one explanation: Russian police, mafia, government, insurance companies and almost 50% of the russian citizens themselves are trying to take maximum advantage of any situation. Dash Cams come in handy to prove guilt. My father has one too, and here is a real example: my family was going for a weekend vacation. My farther likes to drive fast though he never speeds when his family aboard. He got pulled over by police. Policeman accused my farther in speeding, all over sudden some random guys in a car showed up, just out of nowhere. They called themselves the witnesses of reckless driving of my farther. Police offered a deal, asking for 80% of the cost of the actual fine for speeding. The dash cam that installed in father's car is capable of reading speed and linked to the car. And that what my father told to police. Without any words police and "witnesses" jumped in the cars and left. There are many stories like this one.

Edited by walkingCat