Leaked Concept Art from Bungie's Next Game "Destiny"

lousiest

http://www.joystiq.c...rt-for-destiny/

An IGN reader has provided the site with a bundle of Destiny screenshots and story materials that it says were compiled by an ad agency. Destiny is the long-rumored secret project that will serve as Bungie's followup to the Halo series. The screenshots show an Earth in a future "littered with the ruins of man's Golden Age," according to the materials, with a huge alien ship sitting above the planet. There are also shots of various soldiers and war vehicles, along with a more final logo similar to the one we've seen before.

And now Bungie has added to the collection with its own official screenshot above. On the official Bungie blog, the company vaguely confirms the leaks, saying, "Go ahead. Take a peek. It's alright. We weren't quite ready, but we will be soon, and we can't wait to finally show you what we've really been up to."

The leaked documents describe Destiny as "fun and accessible to all," and say the property's goal is "to create a universe as deep, tangible and relatable as that of the Star Wars franchise." That leaked contract between Bungie and publisher Activision about the project suggests that this title will involve four games, as many DLC releases, and stretch across the next console generation, so it's possible that this art reveals the very first step in what might be a long journey forward.

• 2 months later...

The release date is Bungie's fiscal Q2 2014. That is after the release of the next generation consoles later this year. They also said they plan to support the game for ten years. So, even though they are saying PS3 and 360 now it will definitely be a next generation release, they just aren't allowed to talk about next generation hardware before it's officially announced. I expect this game to look amazing if we see any footage soon because it will be specced for next generation hardware.

On Giantbomb they mentioned talking to some Bungie employees outside the event and the employees were surprised they weren't showing the press gameplay footage. He also said the presentation talked a lot about the music, as if they originally planned on showing more than they actually did.

If I had to guess I would say we will see the first gameplay later this week at Sony's Playstation 4 announcement. This would show people Bungie isn't in Microsoft's pocket and Sony can get some Bungie hype. This would also explain why it felt like Bungie's event was missing something.

Just my guess though. :P