Banned for Mic-Spam by MaestroPG at ~6:10

SeargentFish

Username: Wave Motion

Steam ID: 76561198041778583

Hello, and thank you for reading my post.

Dear Gamer's Coalition,

While I was playing on your Left 4 Dead 2 server, I was enjoying myself by playing music into the mic. At the time, there were many people swearing on the other team, or at least I suspect so because the admin kept muting them. This is only important to mention as it was a distraction to any warnings issued to me (if their were any). Anyway's I was playing music into the mic because I enjoyed it and soon after, a player (All I remember was the name had "Zombie" in it) tried to vote-kick me. I then stopped. At this point i decided to be a bad little boy (sorry) and continue playing the music. As this was the first complaint I had received in about two rounds, I ignored it. The player then typed a complaint or said one in chat (can't remember which) and MaestroPG then proceeded to banning me. I now understand that playing music is, by most people, considered mic-spamming. I will now stop playing music on your servers. I understand that playing music might seem like it is fun, but it ruins the playing experience of others and is highly inconsiderate. I wish to continue playing on your wonderful, gamer friendly servers and I am sorry for any inconvenience I have caused to the players of the server or the admins.

P.S. Not to be rude, but is there a link to the rules I could have, so I can avoid breaking anymore rules?

P.P.S. As to noose size, make it a big one so I have room to breathe :)

P.P.P.S. The banning guidelines are quite helpful, thank you for putting time into them!

-Sincerely,

Wave Motion

Here are the general rules: http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/34619-gc-rulescode/

and l4d2 additional rules: http://www.gamrs.co/maps/l4d2/gcmotd.html

We don't have anything about micspam but it's not allowed. Basically: "Are you being a dick? If yes, then stop. If no, good job!"

Welcome to the gc community, hope to see you in the server- as far as the ban I think jackie or maestro should make the final call on that but it should be removed shortly

GC Server Admin

I asked in game who was mic-spamming, no one responded, that is when I began muting people to ascertain who, not because that they were swearing. You then proceded to defend yourself by saying, 'it's not as bad as a soft 'd..k''.

Your blatant disregard and disrespect warranted a perma-ban. However, now that you have come here to apologise, I will change this to one week as some form of punishment needs to remain, unless a senior admin deems otherwise. This will give you the opportunity to research this server and become fully aware of GC rules and get to know the community.

Edited by MPG1770