Upgrade ideas?

ZeroDamage

That's a great GPU deal!! I'm almost tempted to build myself a small rig for my TV now.

Anyway, this is the aftermarket cooler i have on my rig: http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Kuhler-H2O-620-Liquid/dp/B004LWYE4Q

It seems a bit overpriced on Amazon...I picked it up for < $50 a few months back from Micro Center. I know Micro Center is out of the way, but they are doing a sale on build it yourself parts this weekend.

Yeah. I have everything I need for my rig except the CPU which I will be picking up tomorrow. My son's GPU should be showing up tomorrow but if not then Monday.

I am excited about the upgrade. The amazing deal on the motherboard is what did it for me.

Everything is running great so far. Crazy seeing 8 threads available even though there are only 4 cores. I will say that Windows is amazingly responsive. I boot up from cold to login screen in 8 seconds or so. The audio quality from the onboard audio is better than the Creative card I had which was only a couple of years old.

Since I have my PS3 next to my PC and no way to get audio from it, I use the Audio digital input on the motherboard / sound card as an input to the speakers. I haven't figured that out yet on the new system.

• Like 1