Increased Player cap; Newer (more stable) Bukkit Version

Biggs

Well, just last night we actually had 10 players on the server. Honestly the server has not seen this much traffic ever (as far as I'm aware).

I changed the server properties to allow 20 players onto the server now--hopefully this will not create errors/crashes. We shall see. I love that lots of people are on, it's great stuff!!

Also, a slightly more stable version of Bukkit is now running on the server.

Carry on.

2013-04-04_23.54.05.png

Screenshot right before it was full 10/10

Peklz joined in briefly to fill the server

• Like 1

Uhhhh - two things.

1) Yes, I noticed it ran pretty fantastic last night. Might just be that the MC java runtime (server and local) are actually getting better.

2) We have to pay for more slots... Just changing it is probably a bad idea...

EDIT: Just changing it will do nothing. I punched our ticket for ten more slots. Server now @ 20p

Uhhhh - two things.

1) Yes, I noticed it ran pretty fantastic last night. Might just be that the MC java runtime (server and local) are actually getting better.

2) We have to pay for more slots... Just changing it is probably a bad idea...

EDIT: Just changing it will do nothing. I punched our ticket for ten more slots. Server now @ 20p

How much did it cost to get additional 10 slots?

Edited by walkingCat

We used to run our MC server on our gifted TypeFrag server out in Virginia.

Some wanting more management control over it + performance limitations (DynMap was killing the limted HD space) led us to move it to one of our VDS servers with NFO in Chicago.

That, naturally, led to some performance chop with either L4D2 or CSS (forget which) so we just moved over to NFO's regular MC hosting - meaning we pay X-Amount/month for X-Amount of players.

We used to run our MC server on our gifted TypeFrag server out in Virginia.

Some wanting more management control over it + performance limitations (DynMap was killing the limted HD space) led us to move it to one of our VDS servers with NFO in Chicago.

That, naturally, led to some performance chop with either L4D2 or CSS (forget which) so we just moved over to NFO's regular MC hosting - meaning we pay X-Amount/month for X-Amount of players.

Try to run for an alderman in your district. You will be a perfect politician. Maybe one day you'll make all the way to Congress.

Edited by walkingCat
  • Like 1

GC Alumni

That's kind of what I figured--thought I'd try 'just changing it' anyways. Explains why the server shutdown after I changed it the first time, haha