Computer Problem Speculation Part 2: The Legend Continues

Barashin

(edited)

So I picked up this PSU, Corsair and Modular as suggested: http://www.amazon.co...keywords=cx750m

Works great too. Quiet. Wiring is super clean now. No random computer power offs (yet), but the story continues...

So the Sandisk 64gb SSD I installed is still acting funky. I fresh installed Windows 7 on it; however, when the SSD is put as priority #1 in my BIOS, the system gives me a "Boot Disk Failure; Insert System Disk" message.

However, if I put the SSD as priority #2 with my old HDD with windows 7 ahead of it as priority #1, I get the option to select one of the two iterations of Windows 7 when I boot the computer up. This actually allows me to boot up using the SSD's Windows 7 iteration.

So is this a problem with the SSD itself or is something up with my BIOS settings? I have like 4 days left to swap the SSD from Micro Center, so any input is appreciated.

Barashin

Edited by Barashin

SOLVED.

Apparently the bootmanager was missing from the partition. I had to go to disk management and mark the SSD partition as active. Then I had to unplug all other HDDs and run the Windows 7 Repair Disc to fix the bootmanager. All seems good now.

Now just to figure out why the SSD completely deleted itself a few weeks ago when the PSU gave out the computer shutdown.

(edited)

Glad you got it fixed! I learned a long time ago that the PSU is one of the key components you do NOT skimp on when building yourself. It's not as sexy as a smoking fast graphics card, but solid consistent power makes for happy components.

Edited by boiler