question

FacePalmSmash

so i just started playing this, and its quite enjoyable. however, this AM while i was playing alone, i got alot done and was cruising along when i noticed the enemy mobs were all walking in place and i could not attack them. i then logged off and back on, and i was back in a spot i had been in 45 mins prior and all the stuff i had done never registered to the server and i have to redo it. is this normal? is there a way for me to know i've dc'd or whatever it is that caused me to be able to work without the progress registering to the server?

(edited)

It sounds like you DC'd from a Java crash or your internet cut out, the odd thing is that usually will kick you off within a few minutes. If you ever notice the mobs acting weird or you are placing blocks and some of them disappear right after you put them down then that generally means there is a crash inbound. It is probably best to log out and back in @ that point to make sure you don't waste your time building nothing. Also if you have not updated Java in a long time take the time to make sure you are all up to date, out dated Java can cause DCs/crashing.

Edit - The 45 minute thing is a bit odd/long for nothing to register at all... perhaps the server was having issues.

Edited by Madvillain

GC Alumni
(edited)

2013-05-08 05:48:40 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

Don't know exactly what it means, but was this around the time that you experienced the issue?

I also see that the server shutdown and restart around 6:25am... but the total downtime was around 4 seconds

Edited by Biggs