Weird thing with burst firing

JackieChan

So...the amount of time you have to wait for your gun to "steady" is too long. If you try to burst too fast, your bullets are going to veer off in some other weird and random direction. You have to wait a certain amount of time before you can burst again for the bullets to go in a consistent direction. Burst too early after your initial burst, your bullets are liable to go in another direction. From what I remember, 1.6/CSS wasn't this bad with having to wait so long to burst fire again, and with a game like CS, every millisecond counts.

This is what I'm talking about with the whole "the guns don't feel right" thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDkSDKP1Yko

It also seems that just spraying yields better results than trying to burst fire fast.

you say that but I've played some guys in CMM that can put 3 rounds in you with an m4 with one burst at a distance of DD's long A to Long A corner everytime. I was thinking hacks but I don't know. Since playing that guy ,who pretty much built up a brick wall at long A, I've ran into a few players who burst fire that effectively.

GC Alumni

The whole assumed thought is to pull down a little after the first shot is fired if you're doing a 2-3 round burst. I try doing that at longer range and half of the time all my bullets miss when I'm aiming right at their head. It's the whole randomness factor they have with bullet spread. Sure it's no longer what it used to be in beta, but it's still unpredictable. Maybe my aim still sucks, who knows because half the time I can hit shots dead on with all 2-3 bullets when burst firing, but other times they all just miss.

Always be knifing!

After playing Battlefield 3 and coming back to CSGO, CSGO is just annoying at times. Shooting a guy 20 times with a gun for 80 damage is just frustrating. Well... you probably shot him 30 times but only 20 shots registered. :D

Watch pro playing, but not with GOTV because of tick rate 16.

I'm not the best at shooting, but here what I do: spraying is good when after half of a second I pull down the barrel somewhere around legs of opponent;

burst (mid range): two bullets - one bullet, so 2-1 pause 2-1 pause.

At long range just 1-1-1

With time you don't even notice.