Cable Question

Guest RedMagic

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

ok prob to ROOSTER but anyone can answer....i was looking at the cable sleeves are the strechy how do they fit over the plastic thing on the polwer cables???

OK, if you are talking about the mesh type cable wrap, the process is very tedious, but I would say once you got the hang of it, it wouldn't be much of a problem. You actually have to remove the molex connectors and then sleeve the wires. Reattach the connectors, and you're done. I was going to do this to my PSU, but I caught it on fire before I could :( Anyway, I will post a tutorial (I have seen quite a few).

Maximum PC Tutorial.

Edited by [VI]ROosTEr

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

thx rooster is it hard i mean i tried to get the molex off with a pin but i couldn't i think the Stuff u got works the same but seems neater with the sleeves.....im just kinda stumped on how the molex comes off....but then again i will have to put the wires back in the same order correct and knowing me i will Mess them up....just help me a tad more thx

You should be able to pinch the pins to get them to slide out. Also, don't remove all the molex at one time, leave one intact Then you will have at least one still attached to use as a model for reattaching the others.

I agree with dweez. Only do the cables you want to group together (one at a time that is) Then go to the next group. I think taking the connectors off is a huge pain in the butt. I don't like doing it, but I use a very tiny eyeglass screwdriver (mine has a flat head) to push in the pins. Like I said, getting the hang of it is tough, but once you do 2 or 3 you'll be in the swing. You may also want to try using a magnifying glass to get a "lay of the land" inside the molex plug befor you start.

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

i think the wire wrap will be easier lots!!!

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

im still confused on how to get the molex off......i tried pushing in the pins are there pins on every metal cover or only 2 touching the far left and far right side

like this

KEY: - pin ...... O is the metal piece

-OOOO- ....................Or is it like -O--O--O--O-

8P):blink::angry: GOOD drawin i know :P

ummm...lemme see each wire has a plug end coming from it. Your second drawing would be the closest, but still not accurate. Anyway, each plug (4) has two flanges that stick out from it. You have to press bot of them in and pull on the wire (GENTLY) to extract them.

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests
(edited)

i tired it didnt work do u have to push them in at the same time?

Also if i get a PSU with a fan facing up and i dont have any opening on top of my case does that matter?

if u have aim Rooster IM me at simonsayssum41 i need ur help if ya want if not just post here like instant messenger :)

Edited by RedMagic

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

lmao its ok thanks......also do u know any information on an Achieve PSU it is linked here

My Webpage

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

aight thx.....im just curious because it comes wrapped and it is cheap for 500watts which kinda concerns me....also it has an extra fan ontop but i dont have any openings on top of my case will that effect anything???

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

also do u have to push the pins at the same time to release them?

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

how am i supposed to get both pins at the same time

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

ok im actually thinking bout buying one from that performance PC site.....and then i will just get a normal audigy sound card and not the audigy 2 plat

(edited)

Red, I would research that PS first. Just because it says it is a 500 Watt PS doesn't mean it is gonna be good. Most PS share the 3.3v and the 5v rails so that the combined wattage output can not exceed a certain amount.

I also found what looks like the same PS for considerably less money but without the cable wraps.

http://www.pcimicro.com/.sc/ms/dd/10329879...20REATAIL%20BOX

Looks like that other place wants to charge you $30+ just to do the cable wrapping.

Edited by dwEEziL

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

nah i didnt mean i was getting that one dweez just from that site because i want the Cable WRAP lmao