Can we put stadium on the map? Help me friends

turnbullTeRRoR

GC Alumni
(edited)

I don't know what it'll take to make the front page of the workshop but It would be cool to try. All you have to do is go to workshop /look up me via "friends files" Subscribe to de_stadium_go and hit the rate button and favorite.

If you're not on my friends change your sort from most popular to most recent and I should be somewhere within the first 2-3 pages as of now. I don't think stadium is anywhere near a "great" map but I think its unique enough that given enough exposure ( front page most popular) it could get some legs under it. I've heard good things back on iit from gamebanana and through steam comments.

Besides there are dag on ultra freaking simple fy_maps on the most popular.... stuff I could make with my eyes close. #makesnosense Anyways appreciate if you do this for me and I'mm a go edit my submissions with a server ip and shout out about saturday night customs / may bring in some activity.

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

GC Alumni
(edited)

wow already made the first page lets keeping going see if we can get it closer to the top/ which in turn more people will see it and maybe keep it going! stadium go VIRAL!!! muahahahah

update: its ranked top 30 for this week #8 right now for today! Lets do this people!

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

what the bahhhh de_stadium_go no longer shows up on the workshop. Just dissapeared. I check my user filees and its still there and set to public and I can find it under favorites but its not on the most popular or most recent tabs nor can you find it with the search function now. Man what gives. I've sent steam/valve a complaint and question about it. The stats on it right now are 4/5 stars and 997 subscribers.

They might took it off for a review. They wonder how the unknown map by unknown master got so popular. Basically investigating. I was thinking the other day, that a big community can make any map popular and leave better maps behind. I'm not saying your map is bad, just hypotheticaly, if there is a fraud the need to check. Your map high rocketed in a week or so, for a the rest it takes months.

GC Alumni
(edited)

yes but so far as I can tell outta the 900 + subscribers there have only been 37 ratings and probably only 30-50 of those subscribers were my friends. So the steam community just grabbed where we pushed it and it blew up on its own #'s wise we reallly just gave it a nudge

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR
spellllllling

GC Alumni
(edited)

And just like that it has showed back up! yay 1000+ but its way down on the page. DARN YOU VALVE! It was at pretty pandemic rate from about 500-900 that may be why they removed it but its back now just way down in the rankings :(

congrats valve/ steam on slowing my roll............ haters

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

GC Alumni
(edited)

LULZ this was the steam reply I got which has nothing to do with the issue ....... especially sinced I looked at the workshop from 2 different computers.. morons...

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello William,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the files in this folder except:

- Steamapps and Userdata folders

- Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)

Restart your computer.

Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

If the issue persists, make sure your network is optimized for Steam:

ORLY STEAM?

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

GC Alumni
(edited)

Well unless it catches fire again it looks like the ride is over thanks to valve/steam removing the map from the workshop at its peak them @#%)@#%'s The time line went something like this

Day one- I implore you GC and my friends list to rate/ subscribe

end of day 1 30-60 subscribers not ranked in top 30 for the week

day 2 -6 it got to around 500 and up to the top 8

day 6-8 it rocketed to #4 @ 997 and they took it off

now it has 1058 and it ranked 30th barely on the first page.

(this is most popular for the week rankings which is important because that's the default its set to when you enter the workshop )

(it was top 3 most popular for the day a few days)

Which I knew it would fall off eventually but valve / steam removing it just killed its momentum completely and now the curious who delve past page one may find it. Exposure was everything for this map/ whether its great or not the concept is unique for csgo so I knew it had a chance if it got some face time as long as it wasn't pure garbage wh ich is is not..... it is only sllightly moldy :P

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR