The game we play after Flatout.....The Next Car Game....

Fatty

I preordered it as soon as it was available. So I got the tech demo thing, which was nice. It felt on par with what was available in the BeamNG tech demo. Just a big arena with stuff to crash into.

The Early Access came out and it is VERY early access. There's not much too it right now. You can select 1 of 2 cars. You have the choice of doing a gravel race, a tarmac race, or a demolition derby. The races can be played solo (practice), 2 racers, 12 racers, or 24 racers. Demolition derby is 12 or 24 racers.

The destruction right now is maybe a little... over the top:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/469796924677475181/ECA7C5C1B24145DD8AB87047A109A42DF16F76A5/

My car still drove, even looking like that.

Edited by VooDooPC

GC Founder

Did you guys know that most real life derbies are driven in reverse (the whole time) like this person chose to do at the end? Funny how those cars are motoring without a motor (or even a place for one!)

I'll most likely invest in this when I have the spare change.

VooDoo, I expected no less of you in your anticipation for this game...you pwnd us many times in race mode on FO2.....who else used to enjoy this game with us online? There was a very small group.

At FFO, red v green matches were super fun! I love doing team derbies.

Did you guys know that most real life derbies are driven in reverse (the whole time) like this person chose to do at the end? Funny how those cars are motoring without a motor (or even a place for one!)

VooDoo, I expected no less of you in your anticipation for this game...you pwnd us many times in race mode on FO2.....who else used to enjoy this game with us online? There was a very small group.

Yeah, those are my videos. So "this person" was me. :P

There was two points I tried to drive backwards but my tires did nothing but spin when going in reverse. I know in real life they do it to protect their engine, but I'm not sure how the damage works in Next Car Game yet. There's multiple points on the car in the lower left, maybe after so many of those are knocked out you get wrecked... maybe.

The people that played, hmm.... You, Clueless, Jackie, DJ, Shaftiel, MrDuke, LostOften, ShadowDog, Bubblegum Bandit, Mini, Allanon, Thief_Lord, Ted BreakDancin, M2, Shazz, Magruter, Lord Chip Douglas, EbilDustBunny, and myself. That was circa 2007. Who of that list is still around?

Game looks like a lot of fun. I did miss the good ol' Flatout 2 times we had.

I'm always weary of early access games so I don't know if I can throw down the money for it yet. Gonna see how it goes through it's development phase.

So far it seems really promising. The basics are definitely there. I wouldn't recommend getting Early Access until there's at least multiplayer though.

Yeah, those are my videos. So "this person" was me. :P

There was two points I tried to drive backwards but my tires did nothing but spin when going in reverse. I know in real life they do it to protect their engine, but I'm not sure how the damage works in Next Car Game yet. There's multiple points on the car in the lower left, maybe after so many of those are knocked out you get wrecked... maybe.

The people that played, hmm.... You, Clueless, Jackie, DJ, Shaftiel, MrDuke, LostOften, ShadowDog, Bubblegum Bandit, Mini, Allanon, Thief_Lord, Ted BreakDancin, M2, Shazz, Magruter, Lord Chip Douglas, EbilDustBunny, and myself. That was circa 2007. Who of that list is still around?

I think its pretty clear that its not the actual car damage doesn't drive whether or not the car is wrecked or not. Much different then the last racing game I played!