Steam user ID

Srafferty705 / STEAM_1:0:39542709

Game + server

Left 4 dead 2 + 10v10 team versus

Reason for being banned

Excessive rushing

Date of Ban

March 10 2014

Have you been banned from our servers before?

Yes. I recieved a 10 minute ban for un-excessive rushing.

Important details

Rushing is only a 15 minute ban. But i have been banned for a few hours now, so i assume it is because i was rushing on multiple occasions.

EDIT: I did some reasearch and found out my ban is 24 hours long.

Was anyone helping you in your act?

Yes, another player and I were rushing together and helping eachother out while ignoring the rest of our team. (don't know his name) Although...it may have just been an admin observing me.

The event ban took place

The parish, 2nd stage. (the park). We were in the trailer.

Name of admin who banned you

Maestro.

Why i should be unbanned

Despite doing what others call "rushing", i usually just happen to move quickly. When i teammate needs help, i usually will help, unless they are far away and might cost both our lives. I just happen to be a fast-paced gamer, doesn't mean i don't help the team (I was helping the guy beside me)

With that in mind, i do suppose i could slow down a bit, in order to help my team catch up. I will try my best to avoid not going too far. Although my definition of too far is a bit off, so i may occassionally drift off without knowing that i am rushing.

If it really is that big of a concern...then i will simply stick with my team and help them out.

I am truly sorry for leaving my teammates 4 dead. And i apologize for those whoom i could've saved. I did not mean to harm anyone else, and i only did it because i wanted to help rack points, not because i'm a troll. To make matters worse, this also happens to be my favourite server.

Closing statement

thanks you for your time, and i hope you consider my un-ban.

Edited by Duncan123

(edited)

Just a question, is there a real format for unban appeals? Or did I overdo this? If there is none, then I suggest that my template becomes the new format, for the sole purpouse of making the job easier for forum moderators.

Also, what does it mean that i've been "blocked" before?

Edited by Duncan123

Thanks for coming to the forums. Welcome.

Nice post btw.

On the 10v10 it's good to stay with the team, if infected see you up ahead they attack and it just feeds them points. It's also easy to get ahead just keep an ear and eye out if you look to far or you hear someone say slow down or come back, just go back.

I'll unban you in like 2 mins when I get on my computer.

P.s. Blocked means you tried to get on the server during the ban.

Please be careful. Being "fast" is not an excuse for rushing. Anyone can be fast and leave the rest of the group behind. That is rushing and will always get you banned on our server. Please stay with the group. If you are in the front, you need to be able to help the ones in the back, by either returning or by shooting back where they are. Thanks for understanding.

• Like 1

Isn't there a mod to prevent people from a complete rush job? Other community servers are using it. I don't really see people rushing right out of the gate very often, it's more of a middle/last ditch effort when half the team is dead or will be dead soon enough and you are going for points (since versus is all about points). I think the only ones who should be kicked for rushing are the guys who do it right out of the safe room all the way to the end without any regard for team play.

Isn't there a mod to prevent people from a complete rush job? Other community servers are using it. I don't really see people rushing right out of the gate very often, it's more of a middle/last ditch effort when half the team is dead or will be dead soon enough and you are going for points (since versus is all about points). I think the only ones who should be kicked for rushing are the guys who do it right out of the safe room all the way to the end without any regard for team play.

Hi, although this server do not allow rushing, we do, however, allows say if majority of people went down and a tank, then in this situation, rushing is allowed if they are main.