AFK enforcer has gone bonkers

VladPiranha

The plug-in we use to detect AFK players has gone a little nuts. A person lying dead will be warned about their lack of motion until they're kicked. Mouse movement doesn't seem to deter the kick. Typing in chat is about the only thing that thwarts this. I can't tell you how many people I've seen thrown out of games today.

I once got kick out of spectate for being there in less than 30 seconds even though I am a member. After that time doesn't seem to happen anymore.

And just right now a game there was a afk member. Couldn't votekick him nor did the afk system boot him for almost a whole minute.

Still nothing happened to me, no warnings or kicks in all day. Maybe it's because when I am dead as survivor or infected I tend to use the free camera for see what's going on in a better perspective.
If you're watching a player and nothing more, the mouse movements in third or first person are client-side and is not being registered by the server so it may think you're idling, but in free-camera or even switching between player views gets registered by the server so it detects some activity.

Did the afk test as a spectator and confirm that it still kicks me even if I move around like a madmen. I was in free look mode and made circles constantly but still winding up with the same message.