Unban Request: R.E.Q.Z (Left 4 Dead 2)

REQZ

Hey guys!

I'd like to let you guys know that I love your server, and it's the lowest ping and most fun 10v10 versus server on Left 4 Dead 2. I was banned earlier today while playing Dark Carnival. I wasn't exactly sure why, as I wasn't really called out or anything, but I did hear someone complaining that someone activated the crescendo event too early. I was in the vicinity with another guy who's name was in russian. I didn't activate the crescendo myself but someone must've because the hordes came pouring in. Soon after that I was kicked and I assume it might've been for that. The only other plausible explanation is that my ping averages around 200 on the server and that could be considered high? Occasionally I get autokicked for high ping when it spikes a bit. I'm hoping for an unban as I love this server and play it most of the time that I'm on, and honestly I didn't think that I tried to do anything wrong, and might've gotten wrongly blamed or just a victim of bad internet connection. Hopefully you guys can get back to me soon!

-Thanks, R.E.Q.Z

(# 4467 22 "R.E.Q.Z" STEAM_1:1:47225721 00:29 539 3 active 30000) - is what I got from trying that 'typing status in the console' thingo, I hope it's correct.

Hi REQZ, I am the admin that banned you. I would like to start off by thanking you for coming here and welcome to the forums.

You and 2 others were at the start of the event on the 4th map of Dark Carnival when we had people still trying to get on to the roof area to get across. I asked you guys not to rush and another admin asked you guys not to rush but you kept pressing on and started the event while we were way in the back. This is server is heavily team based, we do not allow rushing and means that you need to stay with your team. Even if you are with a couple other people, you need to stay with the main group so that we all stand a better chance of surviving. I also assure you that you were not the only one banned for abandoning the team.

Please take the time to read over this thread that helps explain our rules so that you will have no other issues in the future. http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/43069-gc-l4d2-stuff-that-gets-you-kickedbanned/

Your ban was only for 1 hour and has already expired, so you are free to enjoy the server again. Have fun and good luck.

Thanks! I was just hoping to go ahead so the other guy wouldn't get killed off alone up there, I totally forgot about the rushing rule. My bad!

GC Server Admin

Can I get this unban request framed?

Why can't they all be like this?!

Spoke to FK and said the same thing - it's probably wishful thinking on our part, but you never know, maybe one day......