Unban request and a sidenote

jangurt

You guys have one of the most fun servers out there and because of that it's about the only server/game i play currently. But until now I've realized this is quite possibly one of the most anal servers I've been in. In your efforts to promote a friendly community, you guys effectively enforced a zero tolerance policy towards foul language or "bad" gameplay. I love the idea of a friendly game environment. But most often people make gameplay mistakes or say stupid remarks. As I browsed this forum I've noticed many people were banned by mistake. How much abuse of power are we gonna see before you guys realize you're being just as big a hypocrite as the rules you're trying to enforce? People are banned just because some admin thinks they're committing some foul gameplay instead of observing them a while longer to see what's up. Why not try telling the person what he did wrong as he may be more noob than others?  And since when was cussing not allowed in a rated M game? Unbelievable! Foul language is human nature, have some common sense, just not in excess obviously. 

As so it happens, my sound was low because I needed to hear my gf speak on Skype. I couldn't hear hear either person properly and had no idea who was talking. Apparently the admin was talking because he was team balancing. (As anyone should know, some people talk nonsense on their mics and it gets really annoying). <-- Based on this reason, I said who's talking will you stfu? Admin gets immediately butthurt and kicks me. Understandable, alright. But a one day minimum ban for butthurt issue? Give me a break, I didn't say I did your mom last night or even know who you were. Seeing the reason for getting banned, I expected 30 minutes. Until I found out it could be a day.  Even getting grounded doesn't last a day (lol!). There should be incremental bans ranging from things like a ban for the first offense, the 2nd, and so on. First offense will be 30 minutes, then 5 hours, etc. People will still learn to respect your server and you will be viewed as less tyrannical. 

Again, comon, someone on here got banned because they cursed ONCE at the npc. The NPC! It hurt nobody. And she gets a one day ban. Zero tolerance polices will never work and they also don't work here. Please enlighten yourselves on this matter. 

I'm sorry for lashing out on a whim and I'll never do it again, since it'll ignite the wrath of the admins. Please unban me for the sake of this great zombie fun apocalypse of a gut wrenching gorey game. 

# 20555 1 "Jonathan Joestar" STEAM_1:1:16086180 00:30 117 0 active 30000
team versus 10vs10

P.S. if i somehow get a permanent ban, it proves to me and anyone with a common sense this is what zero tolerance policy does to fools.

GC Server Admin

Thanks for coming here.

I am reluctant to unban you.   This is a no swearing server, end of.  If you don't like it then go somewhere else.  Calling this server anal is not going to help your cause.  If you are not going to pay attention whilst in game and need to do other things, then you should leave and come back, not be disrespectful and definitely not tell Admins to stfu.

Your flimsy excuse of an apology (if it can be called that) forces me to believe that you are not willing to take this community seriously.   We have heard the argument about not using foul language in an M-rated game a billion times. 

I leave this in the hands of a Board Member if they feel that you are worthy of your ban being uplifted.

Our server has rules, one of which is no cursing.  It is a simple rule really.  Vast majority of people have no problems abiding by the rule.  If someone slips and breaks the rule, admins will warn the person.  If they continue, harsher action will be taken.  Admins are required to enforce the rules and we also have a set of rules on how we enforce them.  The no swearing rule makes for a better atmosphere for a game to played, but if someone feels they just have to curse in public or just cant stand having admins that enforce rules, they are more than welcome to play on other servers or other games.  

If you are trying to be unbanned for breaking a rule, you are better off simply apologizing and asking to be unbanned. 

If you would like to publicly debate our rules, you should go to another area of the forum to do it.

If an admin has overstepped his authority, you should probably send in proof of that to us.  There is an area to send in complaints about admins.

(edited)

I do not believe you guys understand the basis of my argument. And I said I did not know I cussed at an admin, I was playing with my gf in the same game and was irritated. Fact of the matter is i think you guys are taking this TOO seriously and taking the joy out of a fun server. Yes, maybe i deserve to get banned for swearing at someone anonymous, but no, not the person who sweared at the npc. This case clearly demonstrates the immorality of your zero tolerance policy. One reason you enacted the no cussing rule is so theres no trashtalking involved, I've been through that dota/LoL etc. But what trashtalking is there when a npc got sweared at?

You said if someone slips and breaks the rule, the admin will warn the person. I was banned before that even happened. Like I said i approve of the friendly atmosphere you guys are creating, but the ban lasts too long and it's commonly abused by admins that of which I've already demonstrated. 

I did not apologize lightly, but it seems so because my views differ from yours. But I did say I will never cuss again for the sake of your policy. I may debate your rules elsewhere next time but I already said enough. 

Thanks for your time.

Edited by jangurt

GC Server Admin

You did not swear at the npc, you told an Admin to stfu.

However, as you have promised that you will not swear again, I will uplift your perma-ban, but some form of punishment has to remain to show that we do not tolerate such abuse regardless who it directed at.  Hence it will be for 1 day. 

Until then, you are welcome to peruse the forums and familiarise yourself of what is expected from people who come to the GC servers.

Thanks

Again, I admit i swore at someone, but not directly. It's not personal. I've reiterated this twice already.

But if you do not tolerate such abuse regardless of who it's directed at, whats the point of telling me who i sweared to?

Regardless, I approve of the punishment for my indirect swearing, although not the longevity.

Thanks for the permaban uplift. (Wait I was even permabanned? lol)