Unban request

jangurt

I think i was banned for rushing. Thought it was ok since safe house was right next to us so I went in there and locked myself in with a witch. But with a tank smashing the survivors, I guess not. 

Absolutely no warning from admin or whomever banned me, embarassing conduct

(edited)

I see. I would like to know what the exceptions are, or if there's an easy link to it somewhere on this forum, thanks

I'd also like to add that admins be less judgemental in their actions, because poor judgement penalizes whatever free time the victim has left during the day.

In my case, I would really like to use my free time as I wish, not be grounded for something trivial. For example, if Zero had warned me I was rushing I would've easily left the safe room and not make the same mistake again.

I've mentioned before, on these forums I noticed countless other people being evicted for trivial, even non-consequential instances. All it serves is to hurt the player, not the community. 

Thanks for your time. 

Edited by jangurt

Everyone is free to go to other servers, if they do not like the way ours are run.  We have developed standards for GC and we follow them closely.  We have also developed certain game specific rules for L4D2.  The GC standards help make for a gaming environment that is friendly to all.  The game specific rules for L4D2 are designed to make sure we have quality games.  When one person breaks certain rules, it can get 19 people angry with the result to their game.  When admins are not on the server enforcing the rules, we get tons of complaints and requests for the admins to be there.  When admins are on the servers, we are constantly asked by players to kick, ban, etc other players.  I think the majority of the community appreciates the way we admin the servers. 

You may believe your actions did not justify a short ban, but Zero is very good admin and a friendly, helpful person as well.  If he banned you, I am sure it was based on our established rules.  He can explain more, but if you play on our server more, I am sure you will appreciate the help that admins provide.

• Like 1

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gc-l4d2#announcements/detail/974107329955645529 http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/43069-gc-l4d2-stuff-that-gets-you-kickedbanned/

Is it possible to have to server rules come up at the connect of the server that list all the rules and state this is your only warning and you have to select that you have read and understand the rules and you accept. Not every time just we your new and this is the first time ever coming to this server not sure how that could be done just a thought.

Rules are displayed on the MOTD every time you connect.

• Like 1

(edited)

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/43069-gc-l4d2-stuff-that-gets-you-kickedbanned/

Hello Jangurt.  I banned you for an hour for rushing.  I put a spray at the beginning of every map stating some helpful hints like our buy menu etc.  This spray also lists some things that will get you banned the first thing on the list in case you do not read our sever rules is NO RUSHING in big bold red letters just like it is here.  Your team told you to stop rushing and I told you stop and you did not.  So you were warned by your team and myself and would not respond in voice or text. You were WAY WAY ahead of your team in the saferoom no less. Your team was plenty alive and kicking and in fact finished the round despite the rushing.  Rushing is allowed if your team is dead you have 3 tanks on you AND have the blessing of your team mates.  Short of that please don't do it.

I would also like to add that players who have been banned be less judgmental, because their poor judgement penalizes whatever free time I had to play, instead of playing and enjoying the game with everyone else I am banning people that do not follow server rules or respond in forum posts regarding their ignorance of our server policies, even though they were made clear at the beginning of every round and you were warned by players and myself not to rush and to come out of the saferoom and help your team - embarrassing conduct.

Rushing and many other rules on our sever are not inconsequential.  It is because of these rules that we have one of the most popular severs and communities.  Your ban has long expired.  Please read the server rules and enjoy playing in our severs.

Edited by zero0
  • Like 1

Lol, thanks Zero for your overexaggeration of my actions and then even mocking my own words (friendly person is he, PB&J?), but I do have a pretty good idea of rushing. Even if i made a mistake, I believed I wasn't going to be insta-banned the moment i stepped into the safe room, well I was there for a short 20-30 seconds. But thats why I was agitated and made my case earlier. I've been playing your servers long enough to see that you guys do a damn well job keeping people in check, warning them, following all the proper procedures, well most of the time. Then there are a few occasions when the warning doesn't happen. The topic before mines proves my point - admin admitted he didn't warn the player and just banned first (player was jockeyed but accused of rushing). I felt that I was in the same position as that player and didn't get a warning either. After the ban I checked console to see if anyone had typed anything saying i was rushing, nothing came up. Me and my gf didn't hear anyone complain either (she was on my team too). In your defense maybe you and the team did say something, but I didn't hear it, simple as that. I mean, the tank was running at me from the safe room when i went over there to see where the tank noises were coming from, i see him then ran around him and into the safe room to hide for a bit. I figured the rest of the team was near or behind me at that point because, like I said, we were very near the safe room. Oh yeah I trapped myself inside and got incapped by a witch too, and with all her screaming and yelling ud think I'd hear the admin fairly well. I suggest you type something in chat (I know when tank is in the fight it might be hard to type) but not everyone can hear, especially when i purposely turn down the game's volume so I could hear my gf better. Heck, there may be some people who dont use speakers at all because maybe it's nighttime and they dont wanna disrupt someone's sleep (guilty as charged again). 

Seriously though, the situation I was in made the no rushing rule pretty ambiguous actually, at least to me. I've been in a game where people locked themselves in a saferoom to hide from tank, then get out when tank leaves to save incaps, you get the point. But I think the main problem for you was not hiding from the tank but that I was "too far" from the team. We were playing the Swamp Fever campaign in the Swamp chapter, and our team was on that last stretch of road, which was after the murky waters with the car but before the barricade to the safe house. According to the rules here rushing is permitted if u'r more than 75% of the way done with the level (you gota admit we were at least 95% done, that's how close we were), yet I'm "way way" ahead of my team? I was also one of the 4 main characters so I thought it was okay at least to reach the safe room, or be safer than other teammates at least. But instead of letting me access the hectic situation after i !heal myself from witch and pondering whether tank left so I could help my teammates, I get banned within 10 seconds, just after another 10 secs fighting witch. 

Zero I know you got a big, big job, banning people, wasting your precious free time on idiots (thats why i would never be an admin), but then you were also trigger finger happy giving 1-hour bans to the unfortunate. I dedicated my free time to play on ur server, with the intent to play by its rules, hoping to play with my girl, then I get slapped in the face with a "you were probably rushing ban, lets not dig deeper into this." I'm not happy, she's not happy, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who was more harmed in the process. Like you said, the team was plenty alive and kicking even though I was gone, and thats what I figured too and hid from the tank knowing u guys wont have trouble with it. I'd just come out when he's gone.

Look at it from the non-admin point of view, without proper warnings, this server feels almost tyrannical. The friendly atmosphere that you guys are promoting becomes superficial at best. In fact I'm pretty sure at least 80% of everyone who's played on this server learned the hard way about the rules after getting banned at least once, then was forced to read the server rules after trying to get unbanned. Effectively it's a ban first, talk later thing. 

It's just dam annoying if you get banned for something so trivial. What are ya'll, my zero tolerant school or my mother? Give me a break. We're all adults here I think we can sort out problems with simple, proper warnings instead of a quick ban. I'm sure the community will appreciate it if more inquiry was given to the breach of conduct at hand. Not everyone is familiar with every little rule that comes with no rushing, even to a veteran gamer like me. If 1 more minute of inquiry out of your free time is greater than 1 hour of mine, then so be it. Be a weenie.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the explanations about only rushing when theres THREE tanks, not one, etc, and the links to other rules. 

Thanks for your time, I hope I moved some hearts, maybe not.

(edited)

Jangurt,

I did not mock your words I used the exact arrogant, abrasive, condescending, words you did towards me.  I believe that you should always treat others the way you want to be treated and I was far more polite to you than you have been to me and the community.

I was banned from the server my first time in for the exact same thing you did.  I did not insult the admin, I did not insult the members or the community or show my disdain for the server rules, and I did not even go to the forums.  I politely asked that admin why did I get banned, he sent me the same link I sent you in my post regarding the rushing.  I sincerely apologized to the admin stating, I was simply ignorant of the rule and have been playing happily ever since, it was my fault I didn't play by the guidelines not the admins. To be specific you were in the saferoom, while most of your team was back by the junk car where the swamp meets the road, that's way way rushing.

Lastly you do not know me, the members, or the community so please do not arrogantly pre-suppose you do by further insulting me, other admins, or members.  Most of us have been playing here for years and we do welcome and want new players in the hopes that they become members. 

Your ban was only an hour and you claim your time is precious, yet you have spent 3X as much time in here hating on our rules for play, insulting myself and others instead of  in the server having a good time and maybe making some new friends.

Edited by zero0

Oh I'm sorry. Did I sound arrogant, abrasive, and condescending towards you when earlier you ruined MY short span of free time? Remember I said was that I probably rushed and got banned. I admitted I mightve made a mistake, but the reason I said those things was also because I'm unhappy towards how u handled the situation. If you at least warned me by typing that I'm rushing, then the ban may never have happened in the first place. If I was banned, then at least I'd have something to fall back on and accept the ban, not bothering to come to the forums in the first place. Because if I had seen the text, then it's definitely my fault for not seeing it. So why should I believe you when you claim u warned me over voice chat? Sometimes people just miss it!

Besides, I'm not even singling you out. I just said admins (plural) should be less judgemental about handing out bans like that because unlike you guys, the less experienced community are not going to be familiar with all the rules inside and out. Show us some respect and you'd get it in return. It's obvious there's some people out there tinkleed about being banned without warning, like me. And I'm just speaking for them as well because I want that to happen less. Heck you can feel the emotions just by browsing the forum topics. Like I said I appreciate how you guys run these servers and I approve of everything you guys do to make the one of the most popular and friendly communities in L4D2, but you took the server's rules for granted and applied it to the rest of the newbies, trigger finger ready. Rules come to you easily..Us common folk? much less. 

Honestly I'm more ticked than usual because this is the only game I play with my gf. That's mostly why I play this old game, else I'd do something else. And then she thinks ur being unfair too. But since you decided I was not following the rules cuz I was obviously ignoring you, then I should be banned. Like I said if you just warned me properly and I saw the text, u are free to ban me after a reasonable amount of time. But I didnt get the warning, my gf said she also didnt hear it.. Well, it doesnt sound like u gave it much effort if we both didnt hear it.. right? Like I said, witch incapped me, I couldnt get out for a while, and I was in there in the first place to avoid the tank. If it looked like I was rushing then you couldve warned me with text again if I didn't hear it the first time and gave me more time to reply or get out of the safe room once tank was gone. Sigh I'm just repeating myself. I apologize for any negativity towards the admin and other staff here, but it's human nature, I was banned unjustly. So..yes shaftiel, drama is fun but not to the person receiving the brunt of it. 

(edited)

PB&J, with power comes great responsibility.. and it's frighteningly easy to feel like you are in the right just because you're enforcing the rules. 

Edited by jangurt

People claiming they need to be warned about bad behavior is silly. The MOTD is the first warning. It's just like the User Agreement you see online all the time that people never read. Just because you don't read it doesn't mean you're exempt from the negative consequences if you breach the terms and conditions. The motd can be opened at anytime during the game. You have played here before and have even gotten banned for bad attitude. The game itself is coop, versus is competitive coop, 10 v 10 is competitive coop x2, how are you not aware of your position relative to your teammates? Why are you claiming it was unjust? That's what I'm not understanding. The rules are put right in your face, there was a spray, there were warnings, you've played here last month when the rules were in your face and got banned. You have been down this road before so why are you just now complaining?

• Like 1

(edited)

I don't think u get my point. If you managed to read my boring essay, after the ban I agreed I was probably rushing, but I was also unsure if I was, especially during the game. In summary, i saw that everyone was on the long stretch of road before the safe house, we're reasonably close to each other, and me and some other dude were next to the barricade b4 the safe house. I hear the tank, i went ahead and beyond the barricade to investigate, saw him, he goes for me, i go around him, realize he might incap me if i go back to team, so i ran straight to safe house instead. I was main so I thought maybe its better to be safe than sorry. I didn't know Witch was in there because why else would I have stayed that long. So she incapped me and i managed to kill her. I'm sure at this point the tank was going for the rest of the team and they wouldve retreated further away from me. Admin must've noticed that at that point, I was too far from team, perhaps warned me over voice chat. I used !heal, tried to access situation and see whether its safe to leave (look my gf's game noises on skype and my game's noises made it a little hard to hear if tank was still outside safe house) and 5 sec later I was banned.  

What I'm trying to say is even if to your prying eyes I committed some foul play and rushed, I myself wasnt sure if I rushed but I felt safe knowing I'd get a warning if I did break a rule. It seems like the problem was the team went further away from me to get away from tank, effectively making me look more like a rusher. To be safe I would've headed out as soon as possible to get back to the team. Initially i wondered, what was the cause of the ban? Running into safe house alone with teammates nearby? Or perhaps they got too far from me? It seems to be the latter. In any case, I expected a warning, like you guys claimed, but I didn't hear anything, my gf didn't hear anything, plus I didnt even get a typed warning. I called out Zero and other admins for being judgemental because for Zero, he mightve warned me over voice chat for rushing, but Isn't it judgemental to assume I ignored his warning and continued to stay there? I didn't hear him, i didn't hear teammates, no one typed anything in chat, you get the picture. But instead of assuming the worst, another possibilty could be that i DIDNT hear what he said, so I COULDN'T have replied! The least he could do was type it to make sure he got his message across and if that didn't work, go ahead and ban me. It'll be 100% my fault for not replying, provided I was given reasonable time to. 

Look, i respect what admins do and I don't even want to shoulder the burdens of being one, thats how good they are. That's why I see no reason Zero got all personal and felt I was insulting him when he literally judged my actions for the worse. While judging is understandable, the least one can do is still try to give a proper warning as well as the benefit of doubt. I believe that's what makes a responsible and fair admin. I just felt backstabbed for trying to follow the rules but Zero hadn't done his share by half-assing his warning. I don't mean to make a big case out of this, but I don't want myself and other newer members of the community to get banned without warning. especially when I can't play the only game me and my gf plays together. 

Edited by jangurt

You keep posting about how we have interfered with your free time and your time to play with certain people in the game, by enforcing a simple rule with a 1 hour ban.  You can play this game all you want, in single player, multiplayer, on many servers throughout the world... but when you are on our 2 servers, paid for by our money, you need to follow our rules.  Zero is not a power-mad dictator of a country, he is an admin of a gaming server, who is liked by everyone and is a very "easy-going" admin.  Move on and go have some fun on servers. 

• Like 2

oh my really.  Thanks Pump didn't realize he had a previous ban for telling an admin to shut the f#ck up.  Jangurt you really have trolled all of us long enough.  You have agreed you were rushing, you said you didn't hear, and you have a previous ban for telling an admin to shut the f&ck up.  It sounds like you may need to turn most of your frustration welll....................onto yourself.  You got you banned and nobody else.