I got banned for insulting a player

Techeese

I got banned due to one of the players interrupting my way of gaming and I insulted that player on the spur of the moment.

While I know that's a reason, I wasn't given a warning for it.

How it started:
After positioning and waiting for the survivor players to come up to the ladder, the player I insulted was hitting me first in-game so I told him to stop with the inclusion of my insult, next the player was saying I was hogging the charger I was using and I was about to explain through game chat to the player i insulted as to why i was position in my spot, then I got banned from the game server and it's a permanent ban on my first offence on the server.

http://gamrs.co/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_1%3A0%3A32930379&Submit

I apologize for the sudden insult to the player. whenever I'm in the server I try to abide by the rules but this time i failed.

gamrs.co | !buy 10v10 #2 http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/l4d22.gcftw.com:27015/

Edited by Techeese

GC Server Admin
(edited)

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Homophobic comments are not welcome here.   We do not give warnings for serious offenses - your duty is to read the MOTD.

I am going to leave this in the hands of the Board Members to decide if you are worthy having your ban uplifted.

If they deem that your ban should be removed, then I propose some form of ban must remain (maybe 2 weeks).

Until this issue is resolved, I suggest that you read The GC Rules and Conduct that we expect of people who play here.

Edited by MPG1770

Admins do not have to warn people prior to banning them, for certain offenses.  In this situation, Maestro did not need to warn you.  There is no reason to use the language you used, toward another player.

Since this is the first time you have been banned, and you admitted what you did wrong, and it was an insult said in a moment of frustration, I have reduced your ban to 2 days.

Make sure you understand our rules and follow them.  It will be much more difficult for you to explain this, if it happens again.