Hi there

lordbaby

Hello, LordbabY checking in again. I was banned for, "called team noobs, 4th ban. last chance."

I apologize for saying such word. I did not mean it in a hostile way and do not know I am not allow to say that. I won't use it again.

If it is helpful, I would like to add that in the past, I was a regular in couple noob communities, such as noobgalore. noob to me means players who are new or newer to the game like myself, most regulars call each other noobs because we are a member of a noob community. We even do hi noobs, gg noobs, nice shot noob and etc...I even refer that to myself many times when I chat with gc members in steam. I didnt know I am not suppose to use this word. I've used this word for a couple times and seen other members used it in admin's present, but no one say that it is not allow, so I didn't know it is not allow. I understand that this is no excuse, also admins might be too busy and missed it, so I am not blaming anyone but myself.  I've been banned for rushing related offense, but I did not add other troubles and not planning to.  

Also, I clearly remember I did not name-call, I said, 'I am taking advantage of this noob team' to be exact.  Now, a player who has beef with me could immediately think that I am being hostile and rude to the team members, but I didn't. If I did I would have say something else like, 'I am sick of this noob team'. The reason I said I am taking advantage of this noob team is because my team are getting owned really really really bad, and I am taking the advantage to increase my skill by playing against a much stronger team. I was joking with players in the other team, specifically viva la brandon and Gandalf, when they were attacking me with follows and so on. I did not hostily say this to my teammates. It is more of a conversation. Of course, now that I know this is not allow in gc, I won't do it again. I always focus in the rule of rushing and may have neglicted other minor Don't Do's in this server. I am very sorry with that. But if I am not wanted in this community, then let me know. 

(sorry, posted in the wrong place previously)

Hello, LordbabY checking in again. I was banned for, "called team noobs, 4th ban. last chance."

I apologize for saying such word. I did not mean it in a hostile way and do not know I am not allow to say that. I won't use it again.

If it is helpful, I would like to add that in the past, I was a regular in couple noob communities, such as noobgalore. noob to me means players who are new or newer to the game like myself, most regulars call each other noobs because we are a member of a noob community. We even do hi noobs, gg noobs, nice shot noob and etc...I even refer that to myself many times when I chat with gc members in steam. I didnt know I am not suppose to use this word. I've used this word for a couple times and seen other members used it in admin's present, but no one say that it is not allow, so I didn't know it is not allow. I understand that this is no excuse, also admins might be too busy and missed it, so I am not blaming anyone but myself.  I've been banned for rushing related offense, but I did not add other troubles and not planning to.  

Also, I clearly remember I did not name-call, I said, 'I am taking advantage of this noob team' to be exact.  Now, a player who has beef with me could immediately think that I am being hostile and rude to the team members, but I didn't. If I did I would have say something else like, 'I am sick of this noob team'. The reason I said I am taking advantage of this noob team is because my team are getting owned really really really bad, and I am taking the advantage to increase my skill by playing against a much stronger team. I was joking with players in the other team, specifically viva la brandon and Gandalf, when they were attacking me with follows and so on. I did not hostily say this to my teammates. It is more of a conversation. Of course, now that I know this is not allow in gc, I won't do it again. I always focus in the rule of rushing and may have neglicted other minor Don't Do's in this server. I am very sorry with that. But if I am not wanted in this community, then let me know.

Peanut's the one who banned you so he'll be on tomorrow at some point.

I will say we all know people josh each other and say "oh you noob" to their friends and stuff, BUT we really try to keep people from doing it, so new players don't come in and are either offended OR maybe they think "oh I can insult people too".  Sure the premise of noob was newbies, but it's become a troll term more than anything.  I don't think anyone is saying you were insulting someone directly, but at the big picture you are insulting your entire team, from the outside looking in someone would take it that way.

That being said, no one's asking you to leave or go or that you aren't wanted.  What we want is to have a fun and respectful community.  Have fun, play nice, don't rush, swear, ect, and we expect members to want/do the same.  

Peanut will at the end of it all decide weather the ban stays or you get unbanned, but please just always be respectful of all players, don't insult people, and even if you have friends on the other team you can joke with them, but refrain from words that someone might take as an insult versus a joke.  i.e. "Viva you silly hunter" (this is okay) "you are such a noob" (not this).  kinda of thing. 

And remember just because an admin isn't there, doesn't me we don't know what goes on, just a general overall thing to be mindful of as well.

Thanks,

Chick

• Like 1

Hi Lordbaby

Chick has explained the reason for the ban very well.  It is poor sportsmanship to insult your team or the other team. 

Normally, if am told about something like this (and see screenshots), I would just message the person and explain why they shouldn't do this.  You received a 2 week ban because you previously had been banned 3 times.  Also, after speaking with 5 other admins, I was told that this attitude is common with you.  I will get back to you soon about your request to have the ban changed.