DocBerry

DocBerry

So I was recommended your server from a freind who plays on it, after about 5 minutes I really enjoyed it. I read the rules stating that cursing wasn't allowed but I might of let F word slip, I said I was sorry and accidently said "D-i-c" So I get a perma ban for it? First offence? really? I understand you guys need to be hard on it, but why not a kick.. I think I need to hear the admin's side of the story.

Also this is from my condump

I'm Sparkles :  docberry, no cursing on this server
(Survivor) archer :  spawns right at the escalators
t_PlayerTimer successfully killed
(Survivor) archer :  so be ready
AGS | DocBerry :  So I heard, releax, it's all in fun
AGS | DocBerry: Not to be a ****
Please do not use foul language here!
AGS | DocBerry :  Oh
AGS | DocBerry :  That too, sorry again.

Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check http://www.gcftw.com/ for more info.
Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check http://www.gcftw.com/ for more info.
Edited by DocBerry

You MIGHT have let the F word slip out?  And then when I told you not to curse, you told me to "relax" and "accidently" said another curse to me?

Also in your post, where it says "that too, sorry again." , it is missing the smiley face you added in game to me.

You were warned not to curse.  Had you complied, you would not have been kicked or banned.  Telling me to relax and cursing in response to me telling you NOT to curse brought about the ban. 

Give me a better apology and I will unban you. 

There's no need to be super hostile. and for the record, I didn't know there was an admin in the server to start with, L4D2 server are seldom patrolled from where I used to play. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway.

Howdy. 

Admins put up with a lot of crap -- including people debating our decision to have a no swearing policy on our servers. Admins don't really get to enjoy the game and the server the same way everyone else does. 

Most people get banned and never look back. The fact that you took the time to create a forum account and come in says something. Hopefully it says you like the people in our server and want to play there again. You're not going to get unbanned just for that, though. Admins don't want to unban people that are going to come back and just add to their headache. 

I'm sure if you showed a little empathy, acknowledged where PBnJ is coming from and apologized for breaking the rules, that would go a long way with him. 

Something to consider, or not.

• Like 2

Howdy. 

Admins put up with a lot of crap -- including people debating our decision to have a no swearing policy on our servers. Admins don't really get to enjoy the game and the server the same way everyone else does. 

Most people get banned and never look back. The fact that you took the time to create a forum account and come in says something. Hopefully it says you like the people in our server and want to play there again. You're not going to get unbanned just for that, though. Admins don't want to unban people that are going to come back and just add to their headache. 

I'm sure if you showed a little empathy, acknowledged where PBnJ is coming from and apologized for breaking the rules, that would go a long way with him. 

Something to consider, or not.

That is what I'm trying to accomplish, I'm not here to cause any problems or troll,  and belive me I do admin work for Garry's mod and SecondLife , Used to for TF2 and CS:S it is.. very stressful.

I know we got off on the wrong foot about this, and I might of caught PBNJ in a bad mood, Again I'm sorry if there was any disrepect or miscommuncation. All I'm asking is at least a second chance on this, and normally I'm very quiet and you will hardly notice me.

There's no need to be super hostile. and for the record, I didn't know there was an admin in the server to start with, L4D2 server are seldom patrolled from where I used to play. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway.

This makes me feel like you will just break the rules if you find yourself on the server with no admins, not a strong argument.

(edited)

This makes me feel like you will just break the rules if you find yourself on the server with no admins, not a strong argument.

Absolutely not true, Like I said, I really didn't see any tag or anything like that in the chat at the time, but I was also setting up for the round so I didn't notice.

Edited by DocBerry

Quick follow up.

I set a bad example by interjecting. We really want to limit these threads to the person who got banned and the admin that issued the ban. I want to be clear that I wasn't disagreeing with what PBnJ did. I had some spare time and wanted to add some context from a long time admin's perspective. It's his call on what to do with the ban.

• Like 2

Quick follow up.

I set a bad example by interjecting. We really want to limit these threads to the person who got banned and the admin that issued the ban. I want to be clear that I wasn't disagreeing with what PBnJ did. I had some spare time and wanted to add some context from a long time admin's perspective. It's his call on what to do with the ban.

That's fine, I don't think you should be repremented for contex posting anyway, I totally understand that being a site/server admin can really take a toll on your mind in the end.

You didn't catch me in a bad mood.  All I typed was "docberry, no cursing on this server".  The vast majority of the time it ends there and all is good.  You are the one that typed in everything after that, so not sure why it keeps coming back to my mood or what I did.  When you responded the way you did in the server, it seemed like a sarcastic response with the assumption there was no admin to do anything about it.  

Anyway, we can unban you.  Please understand though, we are serious about the rules on our servers.  If you are breaking rules when an admin is not present, I can virtually guarantee a member will report it to an admin. 

GC is a great gaming organization and our L4D2 servers are incredibly fun places to play.  If you end up enjoying playing on our servers, consider becoming a member and joining our community. 

Any questions on our rules or anything else, feel free to add me on friends list too.