Shop Tools

Bubblegum Bandit

K, I have to start this one because I spend all my extra time in my shop and have worked extremely hard with low budget to get to where I'm at.

I started woodworking when I was 15 when my grandfather, also an avid woodworker, had to shrink his shop and gave me his 36" wood lathe. From then I have acquired a Table Saw, Band Saw, Radial Arm saw (Wife comes home from a garage sale and asks is $75 a good deal on a radial arm saw, you're *%$@#& right it is), 12" Drill Press, Oscilliating Drum sander, Plunge Router, Regular Router, Too many little drills, sanders, and other hand tools to mention, and a 12" combination chop saw. Plus about 50 million differet clamps, you can never have too many clamps as a woodworker.

Ok, so maybe you are just getting started with woodworking, lets hear what your dream shop would be then. I know I am lobbying my wife for a planer/jointer for my b-day in a few weeks.

uh, lets see. i'll just talk about the stuff i can actually use with some level of proficiency..

The basics, tablesaw, 1/2" chuck drill press, 18" header band saw, miter saw,

got a high volume 150PSI compressor which just opens up all kinds of oppurtunities, so for air tools i have some airbrushes, a staple gun, a nailgun, and an impact wrench

230 amp welder, a molder/shaper/jointer, router, planer, grinding wheel, belt sander

When its time to go handheld i like to bust out some way cool gizmos. Milwaukee high power drill (with a 90* angle adapter... try to find one like that) Milwaukee reciprocating saw (some call it a sawzall), DeWalt cordless drill (a must have, best on the market), dewalt circular saw, and a belt fed screw gun for drywall (Very handy when you're putting up several thousand screws a day doing drywall)

fun times

Guest FredB
Guest FredB
Guest FredB
Guests

What kind of welder is it barto MIG,TIG,Stick, and what brand?