Can Someone help me?

ive had spliffy remove qos packet scheduling and he only has tcpip and ms network on the adapter.

w/o a sniffer....i cant tell whats up with the net traffic . anyone hread of this one before?!?

im expecting its outside of CS and into the trojan world of calling home or a spambot on his comp. hes got no firewall...yes he has virii protection.

I was gonna ask him if he had other programs running but didn't want to offend him by such a simple "solution". I would definitely look at your process list in task manager and try to determine if there are any rogue processes running.

Also, get SpybotS&D and Ad-Aware and run them to get rid of any spyware.

If this is something that reoccurs in CS every minute or so, try to notice if it is doing it in Windows as well, just not as noticeable. If it does, then open your Task Manager and watch the CPU % use (on the Process tab) and check to see what process is pegging out your CPU.

What are your in game settings? Use net_graph 1 to find out what your updaterate and cmdrate are. Or you can just type cl_updaterate (or cmdrate) in console to find out what they are. Also type rate in console to find out what it is set at.

The setting that I found work best for me (preferred for cable, dsl, or higher) are:

rate 25000

cl_updaterate 40

cl_cmdrate 60

Type them in console just as you see them here.