3Dmark2001SE

When ever I try to run this benchmark utility, it ends up just kicking me to my desktop.....I believe the farthest I have made it is through the third test and then all of the sudden the prog stops and I'm staring at my desktop. Any ideas why this is happening?

My PC

Athalon XP 1600

512 MB RAM

GF2 GTS

XP Pro

Let me know what other specs you might need to solve.

I just bought a new vid card and would like to compare before and after I put the new card in....thanks

Edited by Bubblegum Bandit

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

up until that test, what is ur avg. FPS?

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

hmmm.......i think the card cant handle that test then.....and crashes. I would A. Try the new card to see if it crashes. B. Open a window, pick up ur PC, and throw it out the window. or C. Tinker around with it a bit more and see what u can do.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

K bubble, tell me what kinda mobo u got..... 8X slot on it too?....

Where did you get your copy of 3DMark2001? Did "a friend" give it to you or did you download it from the site? Even if your card couldn't handle the test (which I highly doubt), it would have just ran at like 1 fps or so not kick you to desktop. It sounds to me like something is wrong with your copy of 3DMark.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

If your card is OC too high or your RAM is timed too agressively it can do that. Happened to me, i just had to tweak those back to more reasonable settings. Make sure you are not Overclocking too hard.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

make sure all of your drivers are up to date, including dx9b and video drivers and chipset drivers. That is the majority of people's problems.

Also make sure you have Anti-aliasing and AF turned off before running the benchmark. These MAY also cause problems.

AA and AF are off and when I did finally go ahead and put the new card in, assuming the old card just wouldn't run the prog....I dled dx9(not sure if you mean beta by b or if there is a b issure of the driver) striaght from the website and also dled the newest chipset drivers....still, to no avail, drops me to the desktop. I did however make it to the third game that it tests... <_<

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

DirectX wont matter, because i have tried it with both, and when i have 9.0 on, it wont load 3dmark at all. It gives me an error.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Make sure your video drivers are the latest because they will support dx9. The "b" is the latest revision. Meaning not beta but newest.

Did you just swap out video cards? Did you reinstall windows? This type of information is important because 3dmark could be trying to access a command ment for another card because the junk is still on your system causing problems.