lowering..

NOFX

Does anyone know much about lowering a truck. I'm lookin on ebay and see lowering kits, but I dont know what im looking for. I wanna do it the right way.......So do I need to buy both new springs and new shocks? or just new springs? and do I need to buy somethign else? Any help appreciated...

Depends on how much you wanna lower it. Just back? Front and back? What kind of front end do you have?

I wouldnt be too concerned with a minor drop///1-1.5". If you drop it much more, you need to consider getting offset ball joints and castor adjustors as your tires will have toe-in.

Also, a bigger drop WILL blow out your shocks a little faster, then you just buy new shorter shocks :) I would feel comfortable doing a 1-2 drop or maybe even a 2-4 on a full-sized p/u truck.

well, ive learned you gotta look in the right spot if you want the right answer ;)

To lower the front end i gotta get new springs or I can get 2" spindals

To lower the back end I can get new leaf springs, or install drop blocks between the springs and the axle.

Im gonna go with probably a 1 inch in the front by install 1" drop springs, and 2" in the rear using blocks, I can get the parts for about 100 bucks, but it will probably cost me like 200 to get someone to install it.

• 2 weeks later...