High School Football

rackish

I play. Im on the varsity team.

Im starting Left guard and 2nd string Defensive Tackle.

Caro High School, 3rd in state last year, may I add were a PUBLIC school and beat 2 private schools in the playoffs.

We got big shoes to fill.

Soccer is a great sport. My highschool didnt even have a program until my senior year when my dad and I did up some petitions and got enough signatures to warrant a boys and girls team.. I then was an assistant coach the next year. My school actually has a very nice football program. Anyone heard of the Massillon Tigers? Back in the day, they were actually one of the first professional football teams along with Canton McKinley. Both are now high school programs and one of the biggest rivalries in the nation. Some FYI for ya. ANyone name me an Ex-NFL player that came from Canton or Massillon? Ohio that is.

Soccer > Football  B)

LOL!

You could only wish :D

Football players would kick the crap outta soccer players :)

No, but if you actually think about it...Soccer players seem to do a lot more training and practicing than football players. Im not saying Soccer players could whoop Football players, but the sports are balanced from one another in ways. For example...both the football team and the soccer team practice (I know its different for different schools) at 7:00 AM...the football team practices until 10:00 and comes back to practice from 12:00 to 2:00. Soccer finishes at 9:00 and we play from 5:00 to 8:00 at night. No offense to any football players but you get a ton of breaks too (in game and in practice). Soccer is straight run your guts out for 80 Minutes. Football there are plays and substitutions. Yes, football players are bigger and obviously stronger than soccer players, but soccer players hold endurance and speed over most football players. Plus soccer takes a lot more concentration and teamwork coordination. IMO...

Not always true, heres our pratice.

7:45 report to upper gym.

7:50 split intop groups (linemen, DB's, RB's)

8:00 hit the field.

10:30 break for breakfeast

11:15 go back to pratice.

2:00 short 5 min break

2:05 condition/sepcial teams

2:30 done

We run a hard offense our last season record of 12-2 showed it.

I played soccer for 7 years, and Im a lineman, and I have never been more tired in my life than during football pratices. During the summer we condition and do speed and distance training, running is a peice of cake for us, we could keep up with the varsity soccer team easy, hell prolly even out run them, and we got the muscle to go with it.

We pratice very very hard because we run a shotgun thunder and lightnining offense, we need to run.....alot. (spread offense, split reciver set, twins, trips, ect.)

We pratice alot more than other schools but its worth it.

Football takes alot more teamwork, trust me. Running back and QB are crap with out the line doing out stunts or blocking when it comes time. Everything has to work in order to have an offense functon. In soccer when that guy scores it was set up by 1 or 2 other guys, in football it couldnt be done w/o the whole team.

Hmm, Killer, have you watched any world cup or high profile games? Teams that are coached right have all to do with teamwork. hardly ever is it one or two passes straight up the field to a score.. Soccer players are more highly skilled and conditioned as a whole.. Just about any lug can play football. Not true for soccer.. I've played both, trust me. At 5'8 185lbs I was our starting nose tackle in a 5-0 defense ;) I could work those big fat linemen.. Unless they fell on me. Then they seemed to weigh 1000lbs. Do we need to start another thread?! :D

I played in HS i started and got all confrence on varsity as a soph.My soph. yr was my best and in a playoff game the other team put chris zorich on me who later played for the chicago bears.then my jr. yr i screwed up my shoulder and was never the same.Football was the fun sport but wrestling is the sport that makes you a man and teaches you that you can push yourself further than you ever thought you could.

Ya I used to wrestle, dont know why I ever stopped. My school, Caro, was the #1 team in Division 2 last season, we were like 33-1 or somethin like that, was awesome.

www.mhsaa.com if ya dont belive me.