VAC Updates

Guest Mossad

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

UPDATE: VAC updated at approximately 11PM CST.

Over at PHL I spotted what must have been an email from Eric Smith of Valve:

*** This only affects Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat servers. ***

We’ve updated the public security modules again. If you’ve been helping us test the beta security modules, you should remove the password from your command line and restart your server. The beta security modules are no longer being tested.

These security modules should detect most versions of OGC and report detected cheaters to our ban list server.

We’re no longer using port 27013 for the ban list. You will now see traffic (in/out) on port 27011. This traffic is to/from the ban list server. Make sure you have this port open in your firewall.

Your Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat servers should update themselves automatically. If you find your servers are suddenly having problems, try restarting them.

We’ve been investigating the problems some servers have been having after we update the security modules (clients not being able to connect, etc.). We’re still working on the problems. If your server has a problem updating to the latest security modules, please send me any details you have (including which OS you’re running and your log files during the update) that will help us track down the problem. You can send this information directly to me (mailto:erics@valvesoftware.com).

We hope to resolve the server problems soon. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks.