1.6 HLTV

Fatty

I did a quick Google search and it seems that HLTV does not work with Steam upgraded servers. One mb post mentioned that they think it only works with the Linux HL server but most state that HLTV does not work at all. One website that offers (offered) free HLTV hosting on a per request basis (sounds like a cool idea, wish we had knew about it earlier although before Steam we had MmmmTV), http://www.hltv.org/, has this posted on their home page:

Sad news from the HLTV front

Added / 2003-09-14 23:02:29 / By Nomad

With Steam at the doors and Counter-Strike 1.6 coming the same way, we have tested the HLTV version included and we must regret to inform you that HLTV is NOT working.

If Valve does not get HLTV working before WON is closed, then HLTV.org will be put inactive.

Current news is that HLTV is a low priority project, so it will be one of the last things to be corrected and made.

Since Valve wants to make money and there is not much money to be earned from HLTV there is not so much to say around the subject.

Sad regards

The HLTV.org crew

GC Founder

At any rate, there's little motivation for me on this one. I made sure MmmmTV was plugged into every match last season and most of the time there were 1 or 2 people in there, including me.

If someone figures it out, we'll get it going on Mantis for any high-demand matches.

Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guests

gamedaemons has its own hltv anyway, you can just go into the kontrol panel and set it up from there, altho i don't know how many people your gd hltv supports, mine is only 10 :(