Question

Guest PDO

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Okay, I've played 2 different demos of this game that I found very fun, and the single player I can tell is going to be awesome. What I'm worried about is the multi play though.

1) How many people are needed to play? (Ie : CS is usually atleast 8.)

2) Has anyone played in any "league" play (I know CAL has a division, not sure if it's active however)

3) Is public play much like it is in CS (random nubs can kill people by hiding in a corner forever)

Might buy it tomorrow :)

Edit: I HAVE DUALLIES! :o

Edited by TFR | PDO

It is all in what you want. I fing multiplayer to be more realistic than CS. A lot of people wont like that. I personally love it.

1) Depends. There is no clear cut answer. I like a 2v2 on CS. I carry over my love for small games to CoD but have found a big group (32) is a blast. The play tends to be a little slower. Teamwork is a must. A single man rushing will usually be toast meeting more than one guy. I love being patient and catching guys off gaurd. Nades are the equalizer though. Their blast radius seems smaller than CS but their damage is more. And you can chuck them quite a distance. So if there is a usuall "camping/sniper" spot just toss a nade in there.

2) Know nothing about that.

3) Well... yes. But I would say if you know the corner than your not actually a random nub. I love to snipe in CoD. I'm always looking for unobvious places to plant myself.

Just to give you an idea of how things can work (dont take it wrong... rushing and big action has its place and clearing out rooms and hallways will always provide great places for the automatic rifle and SMG's... I just like the cat and mouse game of sniping.) I was playing on DOH/DLM with a bunch of guys, Chief among them. Snipes were disabled but I had a bolt action rifle that is basically a one shot one kill but you better not miss! I nosing around a corner where a lot of action usually occurs. I glimpse a face "leaning" around a corner probably 50 feet away. I go prone and put my crosshairs right where I saw the face. And I wait... and I wait some more... still waiting when he finally does what I knew he would. He leans out and I see his fat face fill my crosshair (open crosshair with typical sites... just like you had on your first BB gun.. no zoom). I fire and hear him groan over TS. To me, that was the most satisfying kill of the game. (It was also satisfying cause Chief was kicking my tooshie that night ;))

2) Has anyone played in any "league" play (I know CAL has a division, not sure if it's active however)

CAL only has one division for it. I really don't see this game going anywhere in league play as it is very similar to medal of honors play. Maybe if they added a type of multiplayer the way DoD is with capturing flag points in would be better for league play.

i hate all the snipers when on a good outside map like rocket it really takes away from the game play cause everyone is a sniper.The game will be going through some changes soon.update comin out after thanksgiving i read.they are makin sniping harder more swing when standing or on a knee,longer reload,and they are gonna limit amount of snipers per team also gonna tighten up the hit boxes along with a few other things.As for question 3 the one runnin around in the open is the random nub.The smart one is behind cover waitin for his team to push with him or flank.

rocket is very hard to snipe. I usually dont even try cause I die so fast. If Im axis Ill get a automatic rifle and sit in the bunker with a teamate somewhere.

I would agree that the sniping should be tweaked a bit. I wouldnt be adverse to more movement even when prone. But if you dont like sniping there is always DOH/DLM ;). I was bummed at first cause snipes were disabled but had a blast without them. Im sure there will be more servers that disable them as well.

Its all about teamwork. The sniper with support is devastating.