Ll4d2 wont start

Mercman

GC Server Admin

lefr 4 dead  2   wioll not start for me.  I click paly  and it says lauching  but  goes back to the play button

No error message

I use to be able to start it from soure bancs  but cant anymore

Problem started when i started l4d2  and stopped  before it actually launched  and it has not stared since(sat night 1=14=2024

Ive tried  reinstalling  at least 3 times now  reinstall steam 2  but   same result

GC Server Admin
(edited)

You probably need to delete Steam entirely from computer - there will be 'left-over' files still in your computer registry that are causing the conflict.

Best all I can suggest is download Revo-uninstaller - the free one is good.

Uninstall  L4D2 first.

Highlight L4D2 then click on uninstall - you will then see something like this:  Click Advanced then scan - it will take a min or 2.

Choose  Select All then delete - restart computer to remove any left-over files.

Then do the same with STEAM.

If computer asks if you want to add to System Restore - don't - make sure the box is unchecked.

After scanning is complete you will see something like the 2nd pic - choose Advanced then click Next

You will see something like Pic 3 - choose Select All, then delete, then Next

Any remaining files will come up on next box - Select All then delete.

Anything that remains will be deleted when you restart computer.

You should be able to reinstall Steam/L4D2 without any problems.  Hope that helps.

image.thumb.png.78999f7f10d24619369fbfa19f56e1c4.png

image.thumb.png.e02154834932f3166cee8f28b94731be.png

image.thumb.png.3c69b4e34406a2a0e6694ed28684a9d8.png

Edited by MPG1770

GC Server Admin
(edited)

i will try this  and let  you know

steam support is useless

Thanks  Maestro

EDIT      Nope  didnt work    I was using  URuninstaller  to delete steam and l4d2   but    didnt make any difference  with revo

Edited by Mercman

GC Server Admin

The only other thing I can think of is that your AV and/or Malware software is refusing to allow steam components to be installed - turn them all off including Windows security and firewall and make sure that there are no steam components running in background - open Task Manager and check on Processes, startup and services and uncheck Steam - you can also use Revo-uninstaller which is more thorough.  Then retry the steps above.

If that fails, I'll keep checking for possible solutions.