Farcry

Crowbar

THe birdman says the demo was fun.

Hardocp seems to like it too.

However, i dont know if they can carry over all the quality to the entire game.

XIII was supposed to be awsome and the demo rocked.

Unfortunatly the game faded quick, from what i hear.

FArcry would have to be a little better, but i dont know if it would be worth 40-50 bucks like COD was.

wait for some reviews of the game on ign or wanna those sites.

THe demo will push your hardware.

No matter what you have it can be brought to its knees.

Its always fun to see a game cripple a 3000 dollar computer.

Well, I have played a bit of it. It seems to keep crashing my computer. It might not be the game exactly cuz I just recently upgraded my bios firmware, video driver, and 4-n-1 driver. The bios update wiped out my settings so I had to re-set all my OC settings and it has taken me a while to get them. I now have my comp OC'ed to 2.19GHz instead of the 2.0GHz (I left the FSB at 190 and upped the multiplier to 11.5...I had it at 12 for a bit but it was too unstable).

The reason I think it is the game and not my OC settings is because Max Payne 2 plays fine and doesn't crash me. Also, the last time it crashed was when I was done playing. I hit "Exit" (or Quit or whatever) and *pop*, BSOD.

BTW, I am still early on (checkpoint 10 or so) where the my contact is trying to get the door open and I am being bombarded by rockets and helicopters. Also, this game looks like it is using the Serious Sam 2 engine. Anyone who liked the old style Doom-type games, needs to play Serious Sam 1 and 2. It is a pretty fun game where you can just run and blast and still not run out or enemies.

dweez...in Farcry you're about 2 minutes from the end of the map...and that's all you got in the demo...I recommend playing again from the beginning and trying a totally different tactic (sneaky, loud, go around the island, climb the mountain from behind)

yeah for flat out fun Serious Sam 1 and 2 are amazing. I remember a friend caught in a corner with like 100 of those bomb-hands guys running at him and he only had 12 health...needless to say fun ensued...

:D

Well, I do have an Epox nVidia. I just said 4n1 cuz I was too lazy to figure out what it was supposed to be called. Chipset drivers I guess.

Latest drivers/firmware installed:

nForce_3.13_WinXP2K_WHQL_international.exe

wxp-w2k-catalyst-7-97-031212a-013118c.exe

10/17/20030-nVidia-nForce-6A61BPAAC-00 (what shows up in the Epox Magic Bios Util)