Pictures of the New Box

Cyklik

Yeah the 64 bit platform doesnt have dual channel yet....

Still doesnt explain why one dimm socket is a differerent color than the others.

May wanna try to figure out which is socket one, and fill it first then number 2.

Odds are, the blue DIMM slot is for slot 3 while the two yellows are 1 and 2, although on one of my mobos (don't know if it is the Epox or the ASUS), Dimm 1 is the far right slot (as you look from the open side of the case) while Dimm 2 was th far left slot leaving the middle slot as Dimm 3...weird.

Just checked your mobo manual and it looks like the Dimms are numbered left to right so you have your RAM in Dimm 2 and 3. I like the dual RAID controllers on this board too. Just wish I could get an IDE RAID controller that does Raid 5.

asuskv8deluxe.jpg

Edited by dwEEziL

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
(edited)

Just a few questions on your mouse setup...

Do you get any "lag" at all due to them both being cordless? I've heard that can get ugly with gaming.

Also, if you still have mouse accel, try http://ftp.caleague.com/?page=files&div=csm and get the mouse fix.

Edited by TFR | PDO

(edited)

Well, I have my wireless reciever about 12-18 inches away from the keyboard and mouse, so it's pretty close. And I've not experienced any lag. I've heard that once you wear the charge down, it can get a little laggy, but I've got 3 charges in it and just charge it whenever I'm not at the comp (and I'm at it a lot). Never drained the batteries or gotten close. I imagine the batteries will die eventually, but I'm sure I've got awhile.

As far as the mouse accel, I got that fix that dweez gave me, and it seems to have gotten everything in order. Dweez, what was the other reg file for? I haven't used it, but I'm curious about what it does.

I'll be switching the ram around today, and I'll let you guys know what happens.

Edit: I'm going to be running Memtest tonight to make sure my ram is good and all the addresses are good. Hopefully there aren't any problems there, but we'll be able to see if it's the ram behind this.

Edited by D_o_D

PDO, the Logitech MX700 (which is the mouse that comes with the Logitech MX Duo) is excellent for gaming. It has a 800dpi and the transfer speed to the receiver is virtually nil. I don't notice a difference at all between it and corded mice. I have used older wireless mice before and for FPS games, they do blow but the MX700 (as well as the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse) runs perfectly. The charge usually lasts 2-3 days for me but it never gets that far cuz I just pop it into the receiver/recharger (comes with rechargable Li-Ion batteries (I think Li-Ion) and the receiver doubles as a charging base) every other day or so and it is beautimous. The only thing I don't like about it is that it uses a single beam for the mouse tracking (unlike Logitech's dual optical corded mouse) so you are still prone to disco dancing when you turn real fast and the optical beam loses it's point of reference (anyone ever see someone in game just look straight up or down and spin in circles? This is the disco dancing of which I speak).

DoD, the other .reg file re-enables the mouse accel.

Edited by dwEEziL