Service Engine Soon

Xoul

Well, 3 months ago I got a "service engine soon" light. So I took it to someone my grandfather knows to get it fix, well, all he did was reset my cars computer. He also said "The O2 censor is going bad, you should get it replaced" It ran fine for a month without the light coming on. Then it came on again. My mom, being stupid, took it to someone different. This guy told her I just needed new plugs and wires. That was $68 + $20 for labor. Anyway, a month went by and the light came on AGAIN. Took it to autozone and they said "o2 sensor is bad, and your Vavles are probably clogged with carbon" Finally she took it back to the first guy, and had the o2 sensor replaced. I also told her to have him clean out the valves for me... does she do it... NOOOO. 160 +20.... At this point everything was good for about 5 days. Light comes on. So i take it to autozone and he says "You're vavles are probably clogged with carbon, you should clean them." This makes me very angry, because I can't take my car anywhere to get worked on because of my work schedule. My girlfriends dad was suppose to help me clean out my vavle but... his friend was here. I even asked him "will you help me pull off and clean my vavle" he said yes, and his friend replied "well i'll go ahead and go so you can get it done." an hour later he is still here and now its time for me to go drive my car to work..... YAY...

Shoulda replaced your o2 sensor back when. Shoulda cost you about $100 to replace. That would have avoided fouling up your top end, you were probably running very rich (bad gass mileage and low power sound familiar?)

What type of vehicle is it? Is it a Dodge? Did you replace o2 sensor? Try just running a fuel and/or oil additive to clean it out. If that doesnt work, guess you will have to chalk up more money. Goto Autozone...they are usually fairly trustworthy. GL!