From or Of?

Playaa

Political Link

so...I'm going to post this is Spirituality and Politics because this topic covers both of them.

All too often I see people saying things about my opinions because they're based upon the Bible. They tell me that (in round about or direct ways) my opinions are invalid because they're based on God and not me.

The flaw in this logic (as I see it) is that we ALL have outside forces changing our opinions no matter what we THINK. You can say your opinions are based upon your thoughts only but that is a physical impossibility unless you've lived in an opaque bubble your entire life with absolutely no interaction.

So my question is this: why are my opinions invalid because they're "religious" but someone else aren't because they don't believe in a "religion".

I'd also like to point out that I HATE the word "religion" for this very reason. I prefer World View. My world view affects my life, so does yours. Why is mine invalid and yours not?

I don't want this to be an argument thread I just want to know the thinking of people who disagree with me here and why...I'm in this for the logic of it all.

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

Is it the link we're supposed to be discussing, or is it your worldview? Cuz I am "a bit" confuzzed :unsure: Help me out here Playaa...

jane

edit

lol im a dork? I just played that link and it took me to the political forums.... ok so I take it that its your worldview we will be discussing.

I am with you playaa. I feel the same way.

Edited by jane

I'm kinda confused here too.. Fact is, regardless of our World View, some of our thoughts on things are just wrong. Maybe they work for one person, but they don't for another. I dont know.. I'm not saying you were wrong at any time playaa ,because we haven't really discussed much outside of religion. And that would be also be to say that I know what's exactly right. Noone should be able to do that. I guess we need to to be a little more specific Playaa.. I'll also say that people these days tend to be a little more realistic hence the more modern interpretations on biblical passages and ideas.. So we can base opinions on assumptions and faith or something more rooted in realism.. People are opting for the realism.. Fundamentalists are the minority. So when expressing those types of beliefs, expect discord. Not singling anyone out there either..

Elaborate Playaa, I may have been way off topic there ^_^

I'd also like to say that people will have differing opinions.. i guess I stated that above.. It's not about religion or non-religion.. People of the Same religion differ on their views tremendously. It's wether or not you care to discuss it or are able to carry on the conversation. Everyone has a different "world view". not too many people are going to see eye to eye on everything.. What kind of world would that be? A perfect one? :) I'm still not sure if this is what you are talking about.. Post! :)

/me goes to bed.

• 2 weeks later...