New catalyst drivers out

Mad Bean

If you play something that runs on the UT2k3 engine and have a 8500 based core ATI card then you are in for some luving with the new drivers.

"Performance Improvements:

As with most CATALYST releases performance has increased in various situations. This release of CATALYST provides performance gains to the ATI DX8 product family. These products include the RADEON 9200, 9000, and 8500 series. Performance gains are noticed throughout the following software:

*Framerates in Unreal Tournament 2003 is up by 15%

*A performance gain of between 5 and 10% is noticed in Aquamark3

*A performance gain of between 2-3% is noticed in ShaderMark scores

*Framerates in Halo is up between 3-4%

*A performance improvement of 2% is noticed in Tomb Raider

"

Looks like us ATI users that have cards based on the 9800 GPU will get a performance boost next driver release, which im looking forward to.

I like this fix in the 4.2's after about 2 years of waiting(seems like its been that long)

check it

"Returning to the main menu in the game Counter-Strike no longer results in the game's refresh rate reverting back to 60Hz when resuming game play "

Awsome eh?

no more buring eyes.

I love this fix too.

"The game Half-Life is now displayed properly under Windows XP when the game resolution is set to either 320x240 or 400x300 "

Ahaha

good call ati.

"There aren't any significant performance improvements in the new set of Catalyst 4.2 drivers on a Radeon 9800 XT card but according the release notes, Radeon 9000, 9200 and 8500 users will experience some nice improvements. Now there is no wait when you apply changes to the Direct3D settings which is certainly more welcomed."

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=478&s=1