Switching from 9700Pro to 9800Pro

BIGSHaW

HI fellas, just wondering....got some options rihgt now, could possibly switch my 9700Pro for 9800 but will I really get a perfromance boost? other than just stay on top of the things???

So what u say? is 9800 is just another evalution or revolution that will really kick arse?

Take a look through this article.

I would say that upgrading depends on what game you are playing, and what you are going to do with the 9700 Pro. Econonically it's a hard sell. I'd say it's not worth it unless you can sell the 9700 Pro for near retail - $194. The 9800 Pro goes for $212 (Newegg prices).

If you were getting a new system I would definitely go for the 9800 Pro, but for right now you probaly have enough GPU power to last until the next generation of video cards comes out. And this will be soon, as PCI-Express will be making it's way to market in the next couple of months. You might be able to get a 9800 XT for under $250 then as the PCIe video cards come out. And that also brings in the question of do you intend to upgrade your CPU/mobo soon? If so, then PCIe would be a big consideration then too possibly.

No way I would get a 9800pro to replace a 9700pro.

Unless you had ideas for the 9700pro in a second system, or you were looking to sell the 9700pro for a good price to someone and the gets a 9800pro.

9700pro is still a great card.

There aren't too many Nvidia or ATI cards that are faster.