sounds

flux

hey all. i am getting a new car soon. 96 black z28 camero. i was going for some subs and stuff like that. anyone have anything around here? i was looking to get 2, 12" Type R's with a 1600 watt kenwood amp for about 500. this a good deal? thanks.

(edited)

hey lewser. i know you like the back of my palm now :P . we still gotta go pick up dem' hoes!!

**EDIT** like being an mp5 noob still?!? lol.

Edited by flux

1600 wat seems like a little bit of overkill to me. Guess it depends on the "effect" you are going for. YOu should have a plenty loud system if you run two 12s with say...4 or 500 watts RMS. Remember...high quality counts for more than quantity when building a high end stereo.

I would say that Kenwood would be at the low end of the spctrum I would be interested in. Of course I ran a Kenwood amp (150 x 4) in my truck...ran two 6x9s off the two front channels and bridged the two other chanels for about 200watts(RMS) to my JL Audio 10. I had a sealed box built to the manufacturers specs for the sub and my truck sounded great. Let us know what you decide to do! Make sure your amp has a built in crossover for your subs and be sure it can handle whatever impedance you throw at it (depends on the subs you buy). :peace:

let's see...you're going camaro?

you'll need 2 Pioneer 6x9's and...well and a mullet...but that's about it.

:D

just playin.

I'm with goot...1600 is pointless and it's overkill....if you wanta sweet system that shakes every car in the block just so you can show off....go shoot yourself...if you want true quality sound you'll NEVER need anything over 500 watts (to power the entire system not just subs) and spend some money on some good mids and quality high's as well...then you'll be my hero....I get sick and tired of seeing (more like hearing and feeling) teenagers with tons of bass and nothing else thinking they have a sweet system.

better yet...go sponsor a compassion international kid...that's money well spent.

(not trying to pick on you...just voicing a frustration sorry man)

dude a 1600 isnt overkill. a 1600 + 2 type r 12's, thats awesome. it would pund so hard.... thats the effect i am looking for. it wouldnt be all bass fyi. put some tweeters up in the front...trust me.. i just heard the setup, it pounds like crazy.

lol, okaay. make sure your box is built well, your amp is installed correctly (big enough fuse, ample cooling, large guage power cable, etc.) and make sure you bolt your box to your floorboard so noone who hears it on the other side of your neighborhood decides to steal it.

just put a 1200watter in my brothers integra with 2 12in Rockfords. Bolted the amp to the box and the box to the car incase he crashes the box doesnt whack him. It sounds good but definately need a smaller amp with some highs. Besides that and it being harder to breath in his car now itsallgood. Just make sure your box is of high quality and cables are rated for the power.

Edited by All Kill3r

dude a 1600 isnt overkill.  a 1600 + 2 type r 12's, thats awesome.  it would pund so hard.... thats the effect i am looking for.  it wouldnt be all bass fyi.  put some tweeters up in the front...trust me.. i just heard the setup, it pounds like crazy.

y'know 3 years ago I would have totally agreed with you.

now I'm one of those old guys that stares hard at people with loud stereo's and all I can think is, "grow up and learn some courtesy".

:peace:

its america "the land of the FREE". show them what kind of coutesy...i mean im not a disrespectful person its just why cant you listen to your own radio. im asking what do they need as in what courtesy.

because not everyone in the world listens to their radio so loud that you can't hear other peoples stereo's.

I was eating lunch the other day in a parking lot of a strip mall...suddenly I heard this loud booming bass and I looked around for the source....and I kept looking as it got louder....and louder...and louder...eventually the kid drove past me going about 40 in a parking lot shaking my entire car and I realized I had first heard him when he was on the other side of the parking lot more than a 1/4 of a mile away...

THAT is showing no courtesy whatsoever. He's assuming everyone wants to hear his music and that people enjoy being shook to death and deafened by his "pimpin ride" (which by the way was a 4-cylinder 2nd gen eclipse with a fart can exhaust and a 5 foot tall wing)...

I'm not accusing you of not having courtesy, I'm just saying that there really isn't a need to go over about 500 watts to have a good sounding system.

In my old car I had a 400 watt amp hooked to my 10' MTX sub and my 2 Pioneer Kappa tweeters and the sound inside my car was amazing...but 20 feet from my car you couldn't hear a thing.

My current car is a different story though...it's a convertible so when the top is down, even when I have the stereo very quite, the sound travels quite far...but at least I'm not shaking old women to the ground with it.

agh something i like to hear. i guess you could say i know a little about all this. i used to do small sound competitions a few years ago. your set up is pretty nice.....i hade a 93 trans am when i did mine. i had 2 custom made boxes done for the trunk. i actually still have the the box that was made for the lower part of the trunk and a 600watt kenwood amp that i am trying to sell (contact me on aim transam9319 if interested) im in a hurry on this cuz i gotta get to work but if anyone wants to talk about sound in cars get me on aim.

P.S. dont get too addicted to soudn though or youll end up replacing some windows in your car like i did :o