help

flux

hi all. i recently just finished the wrestling season. well i am 17 and was 105 lbs. it was sick. i didnt like the way i looked at all. dont forget i am about 5"9ish. well i recently finished the season as i said, and i just starting eating like mad. i tried weight gainer and didnt like the results. so i just kept eating when i was bored and stuff. so now im up to 117.5lbs. better than what i was. so i am lifting now. i had a question about it. i am benching and curling right now. i was wondering what worked those muscles right under the neck and what are they called? and a few tips for getting cut and all. thanks. :)

I was probably 5' 6 or 7" when I wrestled 105. Of course, at the time, weight loss was the norm for wrestlers.

I started the season off at 115 and made it all the way down to 105. Couldn't quite make it to 98.

My junior year I was probably 5' 7 or 8" and started off the year at 127. Was on my way down to 112. Made it to about 116 and just couldn't hack the weight loss anymore.

Now I'm more like 190. :unsure:

In either event, benching or curling won't do much at all for your neck/shoulder. Benching primarily works chest and triceps, curling primarily works biceps and forearms.

If you're looking to work your traps or deltoids (muscles inside your shoulders, upper back going toward neck), look at shoulder presses or some work with various machines.

Check out this link for a decent breakdown of the various muscles and what exercises them.

thanks ranger. i am benching every other day because my mom was a personal trainer and told me not to bench every day. and btw sorry but i didn't ask for your opinion on my size. if i did i probably would have said something like, what do u think of my weight. but i really dont think i did. so anyways, i was thinking of some shrugs for the traps. and just dumbells and curl when im not benching.

While their posts are def. unnecessary, don't get too bent. Also, it almost seems like you're yellin at ranger....new paragraph, brotha! Call em out by name!

You talking about the traps?

At any rate, upright rows hit the entire shoulder and are painful (which means fun and pumpage!)

upright rows

shrugs

militaries

incline bench

bent-over row (for back and up through back of neck/shoulders)

Boy, I miss the days when I actually had time to do these exercises.... :disgust: